tri-cast spare tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodding dog

evenin' all,
anybody out there know where i can get hold of cheap tri-cast tips, 23 quid from the main dealers good rods but what a rip off, or does anybody make a cheaper version that will fit these rods. can anyone help ??

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya n/dog,
I take it you mean the push over tips? which are f/glass, you're right they're expensive!

I think there's only tri-cast that make that type of tip.
what i did was make my own, you need some bits of f/glass or carbon 2inches long that fit the end of the rod and then make your own quiver tips or buy the push in type tips and glue and whip into the sleeves..

teepee.

Do not resist growing old.
Many are denied the privilege.

dbarri

The Tri Cast tips are expensive, and the finest are a doddle to break (I speak from experience!). Both my tip rods are quite old (Trophy 11'6", and Senator extender 10'6" - 12'), but I believe that some of the older Dave Harrel tip rods are compatible (the tips, anyway). However, it will be worth trying the push-over tips from Maver - their 4x4 looks very similar to Tri Cast's, and I'll bet my house that if they fit, then they'll be a lot cheaper than 23! Just as an aside, I have a Daiwa 11/13 Amophous. Price for the heavy carbon tip is 35! The heavy tip from the Maver Jurassic is almost identical in action, and fits perfectly. The price? 12! Oh, and the Maver version has silicon carbide guides, too.

nodding dog

maver tips hey, i did'nt know they did push overs i'll look in to that, cheers very much [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.