Tri-cast feeder rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwjohn

I have a Tricast Trophy Kevlar feeder rod, with push on glass tips. I have used it well and like it but over the last few weeks had a few disasters. Left one tip at the lake, and yesterday morning snapped one - leaving one to go.

Looking online I can see the push over tips available at around 20 quid each, so three will cost me 60. I also see the newish range Trophy Clubman rod available for 88. I am assuming this comes with three tips, and guess they may be the same tips my kevlar uses ?

You can see were I am going with this - may as well get a new rod in the process for not a lot more. Anyone advise whether the tips are indeed the same ?

Ta

fishermanjay

Give vinnie smith a ring at highfield angling he will tell u anything u need to know.
Hope this helps.

rockland

Why not make your own i have fashioned a few for my Tricast Trophy.A reasonbly fast tapered glass quivertip should do although some carbon ones may be too stiff for the right blend of matching curve ,trial and error here.All you need is to find a tubular section of an old glass rod,about 2 ins + quarter long that will snugly slide over the mounting for the tip. slide your Quiver blank, thinnest end first,into the other end of your 2 in section and hacksaw off about 1 in from the join.You may have to do a bit of sandpapering or filing till right fit, again trial and error,and glue in.then just Reinforce the 2IN section with whipping, whip on guides ( you could join a section with guides on already) and hey presto a new tip, a few varying tapers and lengths will make up a set for varied flows and tows..hope helps

Status
Not open for further replies.