Tri cast 980

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Just received my tricast 980 I'm going to have to be extra careful with the number 3s feel a bit soft .I guess that's the price you pay for lightness .It seems a cracking pole just hope not literally lol

Paul.P

Just received my tricast 980 I'm going to have to be extra careful with the number 3s feel a bit soft .I guess that's the price you pay for lightness .It seems a cracking pole just hope not literally lol
Yea, thought my no 3's felt soft, but had carp to 10lb on them & no problems yet !, if your in any doubt use the short 3's with long topkits & the long ones with the F1ST's, that's actually how there designed according to the Tricast video.

robert d

Site Supporter
Yea, thought my no 3's felt soft, but had carp to 10lb on them & no problems yet !, if your in any doubt use the short 3's with long topkits & the long ones with the F1ST's, that's actually how there designed according to the Tricast video.
Cheers Paul that's how I m going to use them ...

robert d

Site Supporter
Soft No 3s surely that can’t be right on a top end pole. ?
Yes most poles I've had even garbolino uk1 have had soft 3s or 4s. I think the 3 on tri cast is a 4 on most other poles .