Trent

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Is there any day tickets at Besthorpe? Want to get myself on the tidal soon 👍

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
How come Barbel fishing/angling does not get the derogatory abuse that Carp fishing gets?
Not much difference from what I read?
And before someone mentions Carp should not be in rivers - they originated in rivers!
:hanged:

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Collingham Website not too brilliant as regards details of day ticket waters and members only waters, but a section states this:

Temporary membership of the association for the Fleet and the Trent may be obtained by the purchase of a day ticket from the Bailiff on the bank or by the way of a match permit issued by the secretary in advance No temporary membership is available on the private pegs.

Arch

Site Supporter
I believe Collingham is £5 a day, £10 for 24hrs. Available on the bank, although they now do a booking system where an angler can block book ten pegs. Not 100% on that, but I think it is correct.
The first 10 pegs nearest the weir are booked up for 18 months in advance.

Besthorpe is controlled by Scunthorpe AA and is a season ticket which is £45 plus £10.50 for the night ticket. No day tickets.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Can confirm its still a fiver on the bank and based on yesterday juniors are free, fair play.
Yesterday was a peak i think in how busy it has been, perpetuated by numerous matches and a festival on. If day angling decide on a stretch based on availability and get there in plenty of time. I have nothing against over nighting what so ever, so this is point just an observation and to give an indication of busyness, but the pegs either side of the matches on there yesterday, looked more like a camp site in places.

Arch

Site Supporter
Last year below the weir at Collingham.

IMG_2609.JPG

A1 pits.
IMG_2608.JPG

smiffy

Site Supporter
Are there any quieter sections on the tidal to fish? I’m getting the urge to make the trip up there again.
Can only fish daylight hours though.
Caught plenty of fish in the 90’s (pegs)at Collingham in years gone by but don’t fancy the circus.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
How come Barbel fishing/angling does not get the derogatory abuse that Carp fishing gets?
And before someone mentions Carp should not be in rivers - they originated in rivers!
Oy, don't start😛😛😛 @Total fine him for an incitive post😈

smiffy

Site Supporter

Here‘s a target for some abuse. Or a giggle. 3m 15secs for the show😂

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Shouldn't laugh @smiffy but had the river been deeper closer in he could have found himself in real difficulty.

Team KDB

Here‘s a target for some abuse. Or a giggle. 3m 15secs for the show😂

Very lucky boy,it’s the peg opposite the cow drink with a deeper hole to one side which is a fish holding area full of tree roots,he was about a yard away from not being able to get out and drowning 🙁

smiffy

Site Supporter
Very lucky boy,it’s the peg opposite the cow drink with a deeper hole to one side which is a fish holding area full of tree roots,he was about a yard away from not being able to get out and drowning 🙁
Hopefully he’s learnt a very valuable lesson. I’m still a one rod, butt on my lap angler so have never been in his position.

John Step

Site Supporter
Are there any quieter sections on the tidal to fish? I’m getting the urge to make the trip up there again.
Can only fish daylight hours though.
Caught plenty of fish in the 90’s (pegs)at Collingham in years gone by but don’t fancy the circus.
Scunthorpe Amalgamated book. Website gives sections. Plenty of room to get lost in.