Trent in Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeard87

hello

i signed up for MD last year, but i can't remember my login haha.

just here for a bit of advice, i fished the Trent for the first time the other day on the stretch downstream of Beeston weir, only had a couple of dace on the swimfeeder, fishing with crumb, hemp, caster and corn, but did hook into a big one which smashed me up.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fish this stretch and whether its any good. I'm also thinking of having aa go on the stretch behind the finger ponds at holme pierrepont, is this any good.

cheers
tom

Ricky24

Rich
Well I know a lot about this stretch (Holme Pierrepont) I fish it exclusively for Barbel but as I don't know what your targetting I will leave that for you to answer and I will PM you with advice/help if it is indeed Barbel you want.

thebeard87

going for a bit of anything, but barbel is one of my priorities yep!!! drop us a pm if you could

cheers

mark bradley

i fished beeston last year was rubbish a lot chaged since i used to go 20 years ago there are barbel still in there but few and far between get to collingham on tidal near weir some good fish in there.

thebeard87

cheers mark, i've heard a lot about collingham, one of my mates went a few years back, his first time on the trent and caught loads of barbel - his first one (ever) that day was a double! unfortunately i haven't got my own transport at the moment so have to rely either on public transport or my bike, the latter obviously limiting what i can carry, so can only get to local places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.