Trent - Hoveringham

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Went here with @ravey a month or so ago, looking to take my dad up there this Saturday as he's not been out fishing for a bit. But if anyone wants to come along more than welcome (y)

You'll need a tripod or feeder arm as the bank is hard and gravelly here, you'll not get banksticks in.

You can also get a tackle barrow through the gate (y)

Parking / access via what3words: ///jots.cello.blending

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Would have joined you mate, but have something on this Saturday. :(

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Not sure what time I'll be there, have to run errands today before work so won't have time to get bait till tomorrow and still need to spool new reels up 😀

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
How did you get on mate ?

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
'twas OK. No Barbel or Bream showed, but had some nice roach and chublets to half a pound caught mainly on caster. Worm and Corn did nothing.

Low, clear, sunny and high pressure weather didn't help methinks.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Bet your Dad still enjoyed it.

Yeah he loves getting out the house, weather was lovely too 😀

New reels are nice, the Okuma Aventa baitfeeders in 6000 size balance a 12ft 2lb Barbel rod perfectly. I probably shouldn't have let my dad use one, he gets too enthusiastic and strikes at bites even though I told him about 6 times just to pick the rod up and wind. Ended up untangling his reel about 4 times 😑

The Okuma INC-6000 is a bit agricultural but very functional, not quite as much cranking power as I'd like, would probably suit distance feeder fishing on a stillwater than cranking in heavy feeders on the river. For £50 it's an excellent bit of kit, ideal for someone who doesn't have 5500 Ultegra money.