Trent - Fiskerton

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
This is a stretch i've wanted to fish for a while, anyone fancy a little social soon? I'm thinking Saturday 14th will be my next available fishing Saturday so i'd like to get down there whatever the weather as long as it's not really windy or thundering :D

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Anyone know where exactly the car parking is and the actual pegs for the Barnsley district stretch? I can't find website for them to get the info :confused: I know you buy the ticket from Fiskerton post office but that's about it.

Is it the pegs nearest the weir downwards?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
@Zerkalo fancy a trip this Saturday? It's a day ticket stretch and good chance of daytime fish from what i can gather. Looks like it be just me and @ravey so far so not a massive gathering. :)

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
From what i can tell, day tickets can be purchased from Fiskerton post office for £3 and opens around 6am, or you can get stung £6 on the bank, but no idea how old this info is. car park seems to be as below

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Thanks for the invite mate. I owe it to you to do a return trip up your way and I am free this Saturday, so stands a good chance I can make it, I'll let you know.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I've not done the middle Severn yet this year, we'll have to get to Hampton Loade or somewhere again before it get's cold :)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've not done the middle Severn yet this year, we'll have to get to Hampton Loade or somewhere again before it get's cold :)
I've heard they're building houses on the car park at HL so I haven't been there this year. Been meaning to have a look at Bridgnorth or Bewdley town stretches that I think are free so that's a possibility. Reckon I'll get away with Severn tactics on the Trent or do you need beefed up gear?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I've heard they're building houses on the car park at HL so I haven't been there this year. Been meaning to have a look at Bridgnorth or Bewdley town stretches that I think are free so that's a possibility. Reckon I'll get away with Severn tactics on the Trent or do you need beefed up gear?

I think daytime catching anything that swims can get away with a normal rod, if it's carrying a lot of water and you want a big chuck with plenty of weight to hold bottom might need a beefier rod, but i don't think need to chuck very far at this stretch.

I think you can get away with 12ft rods, 3oz feeders and 8-10lb line most probably. Not much rain due this week.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sounds spot on. Just watching that video now. It looks like I'm going to Fiskerton! (y) Will confirm with you later in the week.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I should hopefully have a platform barrow type thing by Saturday so if you need anything carrying @Zerkalo there should be room 🙂

Don't know how much of a walk there is but I'm guessing as close to the weir as possible is best and looks like its a bit of a trudge from the carpark.

Don’tTellEmYourName

I fished that stretch a month ago in the hot weather. I went through the gate in car park, walked to river then through the gate on the right. Followed that path an fished the 5th or 6th peg along. I arrived at 6:30am and there were already quite a few folks fishing.
I wasn’t really well prepared. First thing I thought was I should have brought my sea fishing tripod| The river flow was faster than I’m used to and my feeders were too light. I didn’t get a Barbel, but the float rod was in action all day getting plenty of silvers. Have a good trip lads.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I travel light so a walk shouldn't be a problem, I'm getting used to them from the stretch of Severn I've been fishing, no problem with getting there early if that's what's needed either. I have feeders al the way up to 4oz or 120g. Hopefully that will be enough but it does look a bit of a beast compared to the Severn. (y)

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I fished that stretch a month ago in the hot weather. I went through the gate in car park, walked to river then through the gate on the right. Followed that path an fished the 5th or 6th peg along. I arrived at 6:30am and there were already quite a few folks fishing.
I wasn’t really well prepared. First thing I thought was I should have brought my sea fishing tripod| The river flow was faster than I’m used to and my feeders were too light. I didn’t get a Barbel, but the float rod was in action all day getting plenty of silvers. Have a good trip lads.

Do you know if can pay on the bank? Less time spent in the village shop means more time looking for a swim i'm thinking :D

Don’tTellEmYourName

Can't help with 'pay at bank' no idea. However, the Post Office cum village store are very efficient and usually quite that early in morning. You can park right outside the PO so no bother with that. Wish I could join you all, however can't do this time. Good luck lads, don't forget the report back - hopefully with photo's of nice fish.

I got all my info from the Barnsley Angling Association website last month. However the link no longer works so assume they have a bother with their site.

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
As far as I’m aware tickets must be purchased from the Post Office. They are six quid and are not valid after dusk.

I had a trip there last summer and had a roach a chuck up to 10oz on the wag and bronze maggot. Lovely afternoon’s fishing.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Can you get banksticks in the ground or is it rocky and you need a tripod thingy? Cheers :)

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
BDAAS’s website seems to have disappeared :unsure:

I downloaded some info off it last year, i’ll post them tomorrow at work.

The pegs below the weir are not on the day ticket, it is a private syndicate. It may possibly be the same one who are allowed to night fish the day ticket stretch.