TRENT FISH-IN UP-DATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

angler-mark

Hi everyone, Just got back from the PAD water and everything is looking good for the weekend. The Railway lads have made 7 or 8 extra pegs in their field for us and also constructed a bridge over the stream, they have even dug a few pegs out as well. The lake on our water is still weedy and has got a lot of surface algie on it but surface lures should be ok on it. All the pegs are strimmed now and the river is running clear and about 5 inches below normal summer level. All we need now is a bit of nice weather and we should be in for a good weekend. We even have a couple of benches and seats to eat off in the picnic area lol. My mobile number is 07771 962741 just in case anyone gets lost or has a problem and I will be there on Friday at 11-00am to open up the gates. Look forward to seeing you all then. [:D][:D][:D]
PS. Great news that Trev is feeling a bit better thumbsup.gif

PPS. Archie Braddock will be coming on the Saturday just after lunch and will be giving a demo of a couple of methods on peg 6 or 7 [:D][:D][:D]

Tight Lines

Mark

Last edited:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Mark nice one mate see you there!

teepee.

G

Great [^][^][^] see you on Friday Mark,

i'm going to bait up
Andy

MALC

Mark

First things first.
Great to hear Trev is improving

Secondly,
Does anybody fish the Groundbait feeder on the stretch for the Barbel or do you all just stay with particles with Blockend feeders/Straight lead.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Larry

Lazarus
Mark , sound's great, i,ll be there about 8.00am Sat morning.Do i need any ground bait or do i just maggot's hemp etc.

Cheer's Larry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Larry,

Just a tin of Luncheon Meat - about this size will do [8D]

Seriously, anything goes apparently with the exception of sweetcorn which I have heard doesn't work too well.

Me ? Well 10pts of hemp, 1 tin of luncheon meat [:D], a few well trained maggots and a little bit of groundbait just in case, [;)]

See you there, Dave

Larry

Lazarus
Dave doi put the whole tin on in one go or in 2 halve's lol .i'll bring some groundbait then.

Cheer's Larry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Larry,

For a record barbel use the whole tin on a 18inch hair but if you want a smaller one, chop it up a little [:D]

Dave

Simon R

Site Supporter
Dave

Do you take it out of the tin first?
Or have those Trent barbel learnt to use tin-openers?[:D][:D][:D]

Simon

angler-mark

Hi Everyone, sorry I'm late to answer but I've only just got back from peg 4 lol, Yes, you can use a groundbait feeder and it works or a maggot feeder or particles in a feeder. The only thing not to bring is sweetcorn, the fish don't like it for some strange reason. I feed Hemp or Wheat to attract the Chub & Barbel either as loose feed or in the feeder. I use meat on the hook and boilies hair rigged and also dead maggots (flavoured). 25 maggots fit great on a size 4 Drennan starpoint,and catch plenty of fish (ask Archie).

A mate fished tonight and had a 8lbs-5ozs Barbel at 5 past 9.

See you all at the weekend,[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Tight Lines

Mark

norm

ohhhhhh nnnnooooooo i will have to take out the 4 big tins of sweetcorn out me bag

(can we just wear old shoes or do you recommend welies?)

see yas later
norm

angler-mark

[quote

(can we just wear old shoes or do you recommend welies?)

[/quote]

You can wear Ballet shoes if you want to [;)][;)][;)]

Cya tommorow

Tight Lines

Mark

Simon R

Site Supporter
I can just imagine Norm in ballet-shoes [:D][:D][:D]

What a lovely sight that would be [:p][:p]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's not his shoes that worry me, it's when he wears his TuTu with them as well [:D]

Dave

See you all tomorrow

Simon R

Site Supporter
Yep - Pink is definately his colour [:p][:p][:p]

Simon

norm

just wait untill tomorra yous lot

see yas later
norm

Status
Not open for further replies.