Trent at Holme Pierrepont

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMiffy

Due to last min plans I've got a few hours to kill in Nottingham on Friday. I've been told about Barbel etc in this stretch but cant find any info anywhere on how to get there and baits/methods etc.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
First thing to do is check the water level before you go, as i post the Trent is 5-6 feet above normal levels and batting through like a herd of buffalo, taking with it all kinds of rubbish.

BobMiffy

Thanks for the advice. Ive never fished the trent before (or even seen it). Might sound like a stupid question but how do I find out the current levels....and what the normal levels are?

Cheers

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
09066197744 is the number for the Enviroment Agency! it gives the river levels for the Midlands region including the Severn and Trent!

Ricky24

Rich
BobMiffy you have a PM and check here for levels for where you are fishing updated regularly http://www.mikeberridge.co.uk/ and click Trent and look at Colwick.

RAFBLOKE2

Warm in Vegas
BobMiffy I was out running through Colwick Park last night and I noticed that the ducks on the (opposite) Holme pierpoint side were all right in the sides along the reeds. I'm sure thats a sign of how fast the water was travelling thru that stretch.

BobMiffy

Sounds like it could well be a bit quick then?

Just checked another site which gives todays summary as.... "Colwick was 1.65m above the normal summer level and steady".

Might still be worth a go?

wev

to get there follow sighns for nottigham race course & colwick park is just past the race course or you can follow the sighns for the national water sport center this holme pier point if its boming through you could always fish the rowing course on the feeder for bream

wev

if you put in your home town on your settings you could get directions ect

Status
Not open for further replies.