Treating yourself - how often?

lp1886

Site Supporter
Apart from the consumable items like hooks, floats, line & shot, how often do you freshen up your tackle collection?
This year I have purchased one keepnet, one landing net, one reel and a landing net handle - all in less than £140. The replaced items were all nearly 10 years old!
We all know what women are like for spending money, but how often do you treat yourself?

Dusty

Apart from the consumable items like hooks, floats, line & shot, how often do you freshen up your tackle collection?
This year I have purchased one keepnet, one landing net, one reel and a landing net handle - all in less than £140. The replaced items were all nearly 10 years old!
We all know what women are like for spending money, but how often do you treat yourself?

If I need it I buy it.
I’ve got pretty much everything I need right now but will be upgrading my pole and seatbox in the coming months.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Errrm - I am sorry sir, that is classified information, if I was to tell you, I would have to shoot you. Fortunately a gun is not an item i have purchased this year. :D

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
So far this year?

(New). Rod Pod, 2 Shimano reels, New pole, new top kits for other pole, 2 new tip rods, Boilie crusher. Bivvy.
Oh..and an MD's fleece.

(2nd hand, Car Boot). Set of 4 bite alarms with receiver (also came with light up droppers), gadget for tying hair rigs, 3 catapults, a pair of banksticks with screw type bottoms. a couple of eezie-tie hook tiers.

There's probably some more bits and pieces but those are off the top my head. I have to be careful though, I'm only a poor pensioner so can't buy much over a year. :giggle:

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
If I want something, I tend to buy it. I certainly don't restrict myself to only buying what I need.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Not very often for me.

I'm still building up my tackle since taking up fishing after a break and it's been more expensive than I expected it would be. Seems theres always something I'm bloody missing!

Only now just picked up my own Keepnet, Been leeching them at the local matches :ROFLMAO:

Saying that though, I did unnecessarily treat myself to a set of Drennan glass margins, Along with the Dibber set too yesterday.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I buy A LOT of stuff on ebay, this year I must have bought at least a dozen rods, the same number of reels, plus line,hooks etc etc. The rods are mostly second hand, and only ones I can off load easily if they don't suit my needs, as I have sold a similar amount of rods & reels.

crusty

Birthdays and Christmas. And has been that way since I was 11.

Almost all the tackle I have has been bought for me as gifts by my Dad or my Wife for the last 45 years.

Ian

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I never treat myself with fishing tackle, I only buy it because I 'need' it :D

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Having a 13 year old who is determined to be the next Jamie Hughes, is a costly experience. I seem to be constantly needing to upgrade his gear as well as paying for his match entries.
Do I mind? Not at all. Hopefully it will all come good for him as he gets older.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Having a 13 year old who is determined to be the next Jamie Hughes, is a costly experience. I seem to be constantly needing to upgrade his gear as well as paying for his match entries.
Do I mind? Not at all. Hopefully it will all come good for him as he gets older.

I thought that mate till Jnr got sniff of a Snatch ;)

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
I have started at a gun club in Barnsley if all goes well I will be going for my firearms certificate when I get that I am having an AK47,at just under a grand for it that will be my next major treat

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I have started at a gun club in Barnsley if all goes well I will be going for my firearms certificate when I get that I am having an AK47,at just under a grand for it that will be my next major treat

Sly Mate i Didnt mean it with that Photo mate Honest ;)