Travelodge M18/M180 nearby places to eat

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Hi guys l will be stopping over one night at the above travelodge, but apparently it doesnt have a restaurant or bar, so l am looking for somewhere nearby to get an evening meal, hopefully in walking distance, if at all possible.its near to a place called Hatfield but l havent got any knowledge of this particular area. Think l should have booked into a premier inn, but its going to be a long days driving, and this was the nearest and easiest place for me, to get to at the end of the day. Thanks in advance for any help.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Taking some gear with me is a possibility, and having a session on the Aire and Calder, will give it some thought, but l have got a crazy busy week ahead.
PS
Any of you guys live near to, or actually in Epworth? Is it a nice place

MrBen

Site Supporter
Last time I was in Epworth was for a cyclocross race over twenty years ago, it’s a largish village not too bad an area and you’ve got Lindholme makes about 10 minutes away.

DavC1h

Site Supporter
Can get something to eat at Lindholme Lakes too. Nice little restaurant there.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Starting off from Crewe, in Cheshire, driving first to the museum of Cannock Chase, then after a couple of hours or so driving upto Epworth via the A50 / M1 / M18 and M180 before driving back to the travelodge. Its pretty straightforward but motorway driving is just monotonous