Traditions

62tucker

Site Supporter
Well the traditions start tomorrow in the tucker household.
Always Xmas eve made. Birds trifle mix. Extra dream topping. And sprinkles on top. Made in my Mams old trifle dish that comes out the loft once a year.
Christmas cutlery as well. Once a year out of loft. Mam and dads wedding gift so over 60 years old. Couple of big silver spoons to dish it out.
Mam and dad always had a trifle. And powdered birds custard and Xmas pudding
Be thinking of all the loved ones who aren’t here anymore 😢.

Anymore got any traditions.
The stranger the better

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Up early walk Lord Albert who might have his Xmas Dicky Bow on ;) Gert will get the Turkey Crown outta the Freezer and when i return we will go intoTown for Fresh Fruit and veg and a Big Porky Pie. We would have a Couple of Beers usually but hey we can have them when we get back. Jellies will be Poured into the Moulds and the rest of the Day will be doing Nowt (y)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not that strange or even really a tradition but Shortbread Biscuits and Cheese Crackers always come out this time of year. I think it is from when my dad used to get given a Hamper for working at Cadbury. I have just had both tonight and my Brother in Law won a Hamper with loads of booze and food in from the Post Office.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Jelly moulds. 😳.
love it. My old aunty used to do a white blancmange in a rabbit shaped dish at new year .😋
Ps.
What was jelly and carnation milk called. 😋

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Doing just finger nibbles for Christmas tea, pork pie etc., and the wifey came up with the idea of putting pigs in blankets into some small Yorkshire puds. shrug 2.gif

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Not sure if this qualifies as a tradition... but each year I try to get gifts for SWMBO without her being aware I've actually bought her anything. This year, due to being locked down, I have almost certainly failed since she cannot have failed to notice various packages being delivered. But in previous years (despite working from home anyway) I would sneak in present shopping around customer meetings so she had no idea I'd been out shopping. Similarly I'd do the wrapping in secret and sneak them under the tree unseen.

Best year was about a decade back, it was about 10pm Christmas Eve when she turned to me and said "Have you actually got me anything?". Ah the delight of shrugging my shoulders whilst knowing there were loads of things under the tree for her, but she was blissfully unaware,

Wise Owl

Account Locked
The best tradition was the boxing day footy match Home or away, boy ive been in some states, one memorial one was the New years Day match at West Ham, i went out new years eve Dinner and came home early hours of Jnuary 2nd :eek: My mother went apeshit with me.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
The last 5 years, I'm in work for 9am, cleaning up the debris from the madness that is Xmas Eve. Open up at noon till 3pm. Home by 3.30 & fed by around 5pm. Then fall asleep until around 10pm. This year, I won't know what to do with meself!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When kids were young I used to tape Xmas paper to living room door way so they had to jump through it. They loved it.
Worth a go if you got young kids or grandkids and video it for future.
Good memories are priceless 👍

I remember when the kids were Small Me and Gert had had a few Sherberts Christmas eve, we were woken by the Kids at about 5ish we went downstairs where they ripped open their Presents, Owl jnr had A pump action gun with sticky sucker Bullets ya were supposed to fire at a Target, well with another Gun me and him decided to re do the gunfight at the Ok Coral, their were bullets flying everywhere, Gert jnr oblivious feeding her Doll whilst doing a Jigsaw, the Alsation we had Bouncing all over enjoying the fun and Gert disappearing back upstairs Holding her head :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Well Decisions Decisions :unsure: One big Porky Pie or 2 Medium ? me and Gert like the Crusty stuff as well as the meat so it was a no Brainer really (y)all fresh Fruit and veg Purchased, Goose fat for the spuds and we are done (y)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Nipped out this morning for fresh bread - back by 0815. Job done.

No more shopping for us. Now to take the kids out for a walk, you will not believe how difficult they're making it.

violator

No traditions, but this will be the first Xmas day in 17 years of living in our current home we'll be alone thanks to covid. We're going to my mum's house to deliver her dinner instead so she doesn't miss out, the in laws will be cooking at their own house too.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Being up here on my own this year rather than in London with the stepkids at least will be having Xmas dinner at a sensible time rather than on the stroke of midnight tonight as they will be.
Never worked out if this really is a general Phillipine tradition as they claim it to be, or just a family one.