trabucco sc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev coke

well i said that i would give you all a review on my new sc1 so here it is
Its the mutes nuts
Took it to rolfs lake and the first thing you notice about the pole is how thick the sections seem but really light (if you hold the 5th section its got the feel of that if you hit somebody with it then you would do them some damage and not the pole section)when i had it at 13 meters there was no bend in the pole at all it was very responsive on strike i caught carp to 9lb on a 14 laccy through the power top 2 even when playing the 9lb carp the pole did not bend much but still felt strong .
Had to cut about 6 inches off the end of the top kits to take a carp bush but on the match kits i took the number 1 sections out and but a number 2 laccy through them both for my small fish work i then but a 8 and a 10 through the remainig second and third sections as for the small fish usage i took it down the canal today and fished 14 1/2 meters with a match kit on and the 2 laccy through the first section the pole was very stiff and still very very responsive i cught roach and skimmers to 6oz with ease and then hit a tench about 4lb which the pole handled with ease and the fish was soon in the landing net .
The pole comes with 2 power top 2`s rated to 20 ,a match top 4 rated to 12 , a match top 3 with the pole , a cuppng kit , clean cap system , anti friction coating , teflon joints ,3 tek-nek tubes for all the top kits and it all comes in a hold all which will take up to 12 tubes .
SO there you have it my review what makes the pole a bit special for me now is the first time i used it was at rolfs and i won the match with 87lb and i was on the golden peg so its started to pay for itself already.

MALC

Kev,

Good wright up i'll have to have a waggle next week at Cudmore.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

kev coke

Dont worry about me taking it to cudmore lads it will be the first thing in my rod bag so you can all have a play with it

somethings_fishy

kev..i've had my sc carp 1 for about a month. Your right this pole is awesome the first match i took it on was at lower broadheath (the jam factory) at worcester and done awful only catching 3 carp for 34lb 5oz!!. and it did'nt even make a noise. but the reason i am replying to your review was you said the top 4 kit was a match kit,but i was told (and it says on trabucco ad.) that the pole comes at 16mts (inc. match sections inside pole) also 2 x power top 2 kits ,1 x power top 4 kit and all the other things you mentioned. can you put me right is it a power or match top 4 kit? if its the match, i need to take out the size 14 lacky. cheers.......well if anybody else reads this and your on the market for a new all-rounder pole slightly bios to the carp lakes then the TRABUCCO SC CARP 1 , is a good choice..

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Kev,
that write up makes sense even to me and the catches you guys describe are awesome!
I dont think I've ever had a 3lb carp on the pole! and it is so different from my style of fishing, but I really enjoy your reports!

However much does that damn thing cost?
(as a novice owner of 2 200 poles 13m max lol

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

steve wilson

hi ziptrev
the pole is being sold for 1000.00 yes thats 1000.00
ive messed about with kev cokes and its awesome i also was
impressed with the holdall that was supplied with it and
the quality spares package so much so that i will be buying one myself shortly
steve

kev coke

somethings fishy sorry that i have taken so long to reply but i have only just read the replies on the thread you are right about the top 4 kit mate it is a carp top 4 and not a match 4 like i said
Are you still happy with your sc1 mate
kev

dazb

kev

i'v just got my self one (had mying about a month ) one thing i will say is watch what you are doing when puting the sections together as i put two lovey 1 inch splits [V][:I]in mying last weekend. put it is one hell of a pole[:D][:D]

dazb

scoobs11

and if you cant quite stretch to a grand have a look at the daiwa match winner 811 .

i'v had carp to 18lb on it with a 16 laccie no probs.

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Status
Not open for further replies.