Toyota Corrola/Avensis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark274

Cowboy
Are these things restricted to 45 mph?

I am forever getting stuck behind them dawdling along usually driven by an old bloke in a flat cap.

Oh and they don't seem to be able to get out of lane two on the motorways, maybe they think it's the Toyota lane [:D]

Mark

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
They are mate,my dad has the avensis.He 81 now,drives me mad,talk to him and he goes slower.
bet we will be like that.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Hey, I've got an Avensis ! [:D]

I ain't that slow... nearly got rid of all the points off me licence !!! [:D]

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
I dunno about them being restricted to 45mph but they must belong to drivers with fantastic reactions and have superb braking systems cus I had one follow me today at 60mph+ and he was that close I couldn't see his bonnet in my rear view mirror.[V] BLOODY asshole3.gif

Last edited:

Mark274

Cowboy
Originally posted by Bluey

I dunno about them being restricted to 45mph but they must belong to drivers with fantastic reactions and have superb braking systems cus I had one follow me today at 60mph+ and he was that close I couldn't see his bonnet in my rear view mirror.[V] BLOODY asshole3.gif

Are you sure you weren't towing it [:D][:D]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
What is it that Dave the Fish drives???????

Ah yes, a Toyota Avensis.[;)]

simonelsey

only1 net empty
My xsara broke down at work today . Rear brakes worn my own fault for not checking rears when I did the fronts the other week (annoyingly rear brakes where sitting at home on wall unit) .
Borrowed the works Avensis Estate diesel flavoured , Not as powerful as the me xsara diesel no where as quick either on the old 0-60

nrayner

I've had Toyotas now for 17 years and only two of them. I wouldn't have anyhting else. They are economical, utterly reliable and don't have an image....great..too many people think their what they drive makes them cool....bull....a car is for getting from A to B safely, reliably and without fuss, NOTHING MORE.

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
I've had both cars and can assure you that they are no snails. I currently drive an Avensis T3x and I don't wear a flat cap. As nrayner said they are great cars that do there job brilliantly. If you want the speedy ones go for the Corolla T sport 189bhp defo no slouch, or the the 2.2 diesel Avensis 180 you will struggle to find a faster family diesel. You can wait for the new Auris T180 diesel fast as 5 fast things being chased by a big fast thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.