Total-Fishing @ The Glebe for The ACA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

On Thursday 29th May 80 anglers asended on Mallory Park raceway for the draw in this match to raise funds for The ACA and at the end of the day over 1100 was raised and presented to Bob James on behalf of The ACA.

The weather was glorius with blazing sun all day and many went away with a nice tan.

Even with the Carp in Spawning mood it still took over 140lb to win and i believe there were a total of 5 weights over 100lb

Now for a few pictures

Giles Cochrane with part of his 2nd placed 140lb+ catch
Datafile4.jpg

A view from Giles peg toward the feature shared by him and the winner
Datafile4.jpg

GingerT76 (Tony L) playing a Carp on the feeder towards a final weight of 40lb+ from lake 4
Datafile4.jpg

Scott Essery on Lake 4 playing a Carp to the net on his way to 30lb+ and a new personal best match weight
Datafile4.jpg

Bagging Machine (Vic N) with 1 of the biggest fish caught on the day from Uglies pool (sorry Vic i forgot the weight)
Datafile4.jpg

And the final picture is MaggotDrowning's one and only RED on Tour at The Glebe

Datafile4.jpg

As for how i got on well i was on Lake 4 sat between Scott and Gingert and got battered both sides.[;)][;)] but i did get a cracking tan [8D][8D] and enjoyed the day.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Zinky

Grumpy
Nice stuff Malc we will get the Anglingforums sorted later today.
It was great to see some of you MD boys again.
Great day out was had by all see you on Stockton[:D][:D]

http://www.anglingforums.co.uk
http://www.bigbitesfishing.co.uk

scott essery

'Silver man'
[8D] wot a superb day [8D]

As well as the money raised for the ACA, it was an excellent chance to put some more faces to names and have a bit of a laugh.

Steve Martin won the contest and Giles did well to come second, (but his swim did look a bit tasty as you can see from the pic [;)]).

I recon the Jinx had a bit of irony yesterday, as Me, Malc and Ginger were on pegs 73, 74 and 75! Then Kev and Steve W next to one another on uglies!

As Malc said, the S*x mad spawning fish did make it a little peggy and frustrating from a bagging perspective, (the Jinx25 are used to that! ) but everyone had a great time and i cant wait until next year!

Malc, you sure that pic of Vic isnt the same as TBF? [;)]

And i cant see any problems with the way im playing that MONSTER carp on the pole. class stoke technique is that. its taken me 10 years of fighting 6oz caster roach on the T&M canal on 3's laggy to get that good [:D]

P.S Great to see reds back in action.....hes been very quiet this year after is traumatic kidnapping by the evil SW [}:)]

The Rudd Meister [:)]

Last edited:

kev coke

MALC
How did you get on in your little 3 peg miny match with scott and gingert.
STEVE
We wont say anything about are next peg battle.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

shagga

After the match I heard Mike coin the phrase "Oh no! I've just been Esseryied" ... a new verb maybe...

Here's some other photos....

glebe1.jpg

Some of the participants get oiled at the Longshoot hotel

glebe2.jpg

More oiling for the Harefield lads

glebe3.jpg

A game of Killer....Lee Pullen takes aim watched by Martin "Embassy" Harper, Upside Down Head (Chris) and Andy Gregory

glebe4.jpg

Line up, line up....

glebe5.jpg

One of the Kania brother's (not Kev) plays one of his Lake 4 winning carp with Scott Essery and Malc Doyle in the background.

glebe6.jpg

A Lake 4 weigh in....

glebe7.jpg

Mr & Mrs Purnell, Bob James, Kev Arathoon and Mark Hathway watch an Uglies weigh-in...

glebe8.jpg

Giles watches Roy Marlow weigh in an Uglies catch...

glebe9.jpg

Mark Hathway watches Roy Marlow weigh in his catch...

Regretably, my raging hangover and tiredness prevented me from being as sociable as I'd have liked but it was a real pleasure to have taken part in this, well organised, friendly, good humoured match.... well done to everyone involved....

snakey

PAA COACH
Looks like you guys had a great day out and managed to raise a tidy sum of money....well done to you all.....no mention of how keith got on or is that a sore subject....Malc i reckon by the number of photo`s you took it would seem that RED spent more time in your peg than you did....hahaha ....again well done to all who took part

Datafile2.asp

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It looks like a brilliant day out for you all and well done on the fundraising [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i had a brilliant day! sorry i had to shoot boys but i had a pool match to get to! malc and scott were brilliant company and now me and malc are even! LOL by the way who do i give my 5 quid to???????? what was the weights for us MD's i ended with 49-12 from memory!

Browning Hotrods

kev coke

GINGER
I think the your fiver is coming the way of a coke head me mainly me i had 59lb i was only 85lb from the winner we wont mention what steve had off the next peg.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
cum on boys lets all list our catches! would like to know how we all got on! kev i will give you 5 of 2p's at the next 'jinxed 25 match' LMAO!

Browning Hotrods

kev coke

Keith Ashby, DNW
S Essery, 34-4-0
M Doyle, 29-2-0
T Luetchford, 48-12-0
V Nugent, 21-10-0
K Arathoon, 59-7-0
S Wilson, 25-14-0

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
how about respective section points? i came fourth, what about the rest of us?

will give you the fiver at the next non bag up series match! LOL

Browning Hotrods

Status
Not open for further replies.