Total Coarse Fishing Mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Does anyone have the first issue -July 2006 of this mag they could lend me.

I will pay all postage costs and return wihin 1 week. There happens to be an artice I wish to see in it.

Many Thanks

Peter

Only a few days left and counting.

Don

Why not get on to the publishers and order a back issue? That way you get to keep the magazine as well.

KevC

LIVERPOOL WANDERER
it's stopped? I quite like them loads of info and got gifts! [:D]

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Thanks to replies to date.

I'm afraid that I am a bit old in the tooth and new techniques don't come easy to me but don't mind trying one occasionallt. I may have bought one copy of the mag but generally find the fishing papers nowadays just full of pictures - and I passed that stage some years ago and prefer a good read and most are just re-cylcing old ideas - still have some copies of 1960's AT's. (See Below)

I need the pictures on setting up dacron connectors as I don't know how to do it and some friends of mine - who are partially sighted - want to go down this route. If I have the original article I can digitally scan this and increase magnification so that I ca give them the best copy available - hence needing the original.

Reading a few of the other posts abut not catching fish/water craft etc., -- I learnt my fishing many years ago on the Trent in the early 60's, and as my father made wicker fishing baskets had many of the Shop dealers at the time visiting and taking me just down the field to fish (Sutton-on-Trent). I am sure that the skills learnt and I am still leraning - with a Centre Pin, the Nottingham Cast and fishing with a float on the flowing and ebbing Trent, with casters, maggots but more so - Hemp, tares, wheat etc., under the guidance of:
Steve Calcott (Deceased) (Sheffield) - who did most of the tution, Mrs Dorthry Savage (Nottingham) - Billy Clarke, Billy Lane, a Mr Thackery ( was this Chesterfield??),Pervis's from Newark, set me up to realise that fishing is about the pleasure gained fom it and passing onto others not always bagging up- I am sure that there were more people - I know that he supplied Marks and Marlows shop in Leicester - but these stand out as fond memories from a distant past.

Tight lines to evreyone for the coming season.

stevelockett

Peter, if you still need the mag (BTW, it's the August issue), I have it and will post it to you. PM me your address and I'll send it tomorrow.

tag

Barbelcatcher Quote :

[^]"fishing is about the pleasure gained from it and passing onto others not always bagging up"[^]

Well said Barbelcatcher!

Tight Lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.