Tory MP stabbed

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I deplore the fact that a killer has rights after taking another persons life... the Bible has it right

"An Eye For An Eye"

Or another quote (the origins of which I don't know)
"Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword"
The first is from the old testament (Leviticus).
The second is from the New testament (Mathew).

violator

Problem is we have a police force getting out of rainbow coloured cars, bending knees to a serial criminal who died 3000 miles away, unable to prevent a bunch of pensioners from gridlocking motorways and watching every tom, dick and ****ing Abdul rocking up on our beaches in Kent.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I deplore the fact that a killer has rights after taking another persons life... the Bible has it right

"An Eye For An Eye"

Or another quote (the origins of which I don't know)
"Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword"

Romans 12:17-19 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Eye for an eye leads to a world full of blind people and nothing else

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Romans 12:17-19 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Eye for an eye leads to a world full of blind people and nothing else
Sorry... I'm a sight more direct in my choice of punishment... I'm not waiting for a deity who may or may not exist to mete it out

Reuben

Site Supporter
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. However, in my experience, people tend to be far more forgiving when the victim isn’t one of their own.….

OldTaff

Site Supporter
The death sentence is NOT a deterrent to this perpetrators of this type of crime

If it is proven that the is murder was terror related the killer will have been acting under the dictates of a grossly skewed interpretation of the teachings of his faith.

Within that teaching it s actually a good thing to die in the course of carrying out why they view as a “righteous killing” so they will carry out the tasks regardless of potential outcomes.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sorry... I'm a sight more direct in my choice of punishment... I'm not waiting for a deity who may or may not exist to mete it out
Yet you chose to quote from the scriptures laid down by followers of that deity

It’s akin to saying “kill them all and let their god sort them out”

The threat of a death penalty does not work against an ideology

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some time ago... it stops re-offending...

and just because I have a good memory about lessons in school doesn't mean I agree with the "scriptures" as it was called when I was a child....

and besides being beaten by a teacher with the "Strap" for being a child of the devil (left handed) tends to colour ones opinion of religion... do not preach to me...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Capital punishment in this case would make the killer a martyr in the eyes of those of a similar mind set.
The correct course of action, in my opinion, is never to mention his name publicly or in the media, remove any identity from him, lock him away for ever more, do not give him any publicity.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some time ago... it stops re-offending...

and just because I have a good memory about lessons in school doesn't mean I agree with the "scriptures" as it was called when I was a child....

and besides being beaten by a teacher with the "Strap" for being a child of the devil (left handed) tends to colour ones opinion of religion... do not preach to me...
Not preaching to you Arry - I too was smacked repeatedly with a metre rule for being left handed in primary school, it was what it was but fortunately we have a far more enlightened education system now.

Child of the devil for lefties originates from the fact that the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages (remember the inquisition and that fun stuff) declared left handed people to be evil - nothing to do with anything in the bible. More interestingly though we can’t blame religion for all left-handed woes. The word left seems to have been infused with negative connotations from the start. Take sinister, for example. Its roots come from the Latin word for left, sinistra.

Then there’s the Anglo-Saxons lyft meaning weak or broken. There's the Goth hlidumei, weakest or most crooked; Italian manco, crippled or deficient; French manchot, having one hand or arm.

It does stop re-offending but it doesn’t stop the killings - for every one you remove by capital punishment more will come to the cause and commit more heinous murders because this is jihad (the 6th pillar of Islam) and to them dying for jihad is a good way to die plus the more they take out on the way the happier they are.

If found guilty he’ll go down for a long time and that’s the way it is.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
It saves a load of tax payers hard earned though - anything in religious texts about that?

But it doesn’t - admittedly there is a not insignificant cost to keeping him in prison but if you simply execute him this will turn him into a martyr in the eyes of fellow extremists and will actually have the effect of creating more extremist converts.

As many as possible of these radicalised individuals will have to be identifeed, have checks and surveillance undertaken and monitoring put in place where applicable.

Increased security measures will need to be put in place to combat a rise in threat level for potential attacks.

All of this comes at a cost to the tax payers and their hard earned income - a cost which vastly outstrips that of incarceration and their removal from open society which serves to starve them of the opportunity to spread their vile rhetoric and views.