Tory MP stabbed

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Perhaps now the Government will take the carrying of knives seriously and increase penalties. And no, I don't care about those that say they have a valid reason for carrying a weapon capable of killing someone. Better to save one life than someone's selfish personal freedom.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
What the **** is wrong with this country, David Amiss, Jo Cox, both stabbed and died at their constituency offices servicing their office duties on behalf of the electorate at large

The two above are not the first two to be attacked either and theres going to some sort of reaction going forward that will inevitably lead to decreased access for those who really need an Mp's help, I think back to Ian Gow and Stephen Timms and others who've been attacked and or died whilst serving as Mp's and I find it hard to fathom how anyone can use their own twisted logic to attack Mp's soley based on a difference of political opinion to base their attacks on others

Hope the family can somehow come to terms with whats happened to him

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Once again, take them round the back and string them up. Don't mention their name or their picture to glorify them.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I would like someone to explain to me as to what is wrong with capital punishment where there is absolutely no doubt about the guilt of the killer,and even if this killer gets an absolute life term he will still be alive and David Amoss won't be,his family will suffer longer than the scrote that killed him.

david white

Site Supporter
Once again, take them round the back and string them up. Don't mention their name or their picture to glorify them.

I would like someone to explain to me as to what is wrong with capital punishment where there is absolutely no doubt about the guilt of the killer,and even if this killer gets an absolute life term he will still be alive and David Amoss won't be,his family will suffer longer than the scrote that killed him.
Why oh why does the average man on the street ( sorry guys ^^^^^^^^^^ generalisation not labelling either of you 😀 ) never get listened too, there’s 1000’s of far more deserving causes to spend tax payers hard earned on than facilitating accommodation so kn*bhead can serve out his sentence

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Dreadful news, RIP, condolences to his family.

What on earth is this country coming to? We really do need stronger deterrents.
The problem is, do deterrents actually deter the type of person who would contemplate such an action?

Reuben

Site Supporter
Why oh why does the average man on the street ( sorry guys ^^^^^^^^^^ generalisation not labelling either of you 😀 ) never get listened too, there’s 1000’s of far more deserving causes to spend tax payers hard earned on than facilitating accommodation so kn*bhead can serve out his sentence
Probably because the death penalty is seem as barbaric by the ‘enlightened’ West. I’m all for it myself. In these days of forensic science & DNA profiling there isn’t the same risk of mistakes. If they’re bang to rights then off they go.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
The problem is, do deterrents actually deter the type of person who would contemplate such an action?
In the main, if the deterrent was strong enough, then probably. We will have to wait and see what the reason for this attack was to have a better idea though.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
In the main, if the deterrent was strong enough, then probably. We will have to wait and see what the reason for this attack was to have a better idea though.
If the rest of your life locked away isn't a strong enough deterrent, then I am not sure what would be.