Top twos are stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
hi all,
the top two sections of my pole were elasticated when I bought it second hand. Recently they got stuck (the first section would not come back down through the second section) and i couldn't get the bung out so i cut the elastic. Problem is it is still stuck. The first section moves about 6 inches down through the second section then just jams. Any ideas?

Also
when trying to elasticate another spare top section the elastic gets stuck about halfway down the first section although the diamond eyed threader goes all the way through(it does need a firm push at the point where the elastic gets stuck)what can be causing this blockage?
any help?
thanks

Polepot

Poles
Rob,

For your stuck sections, try a 50% mix of hair conditioner and water. It sounds like the bung is causing your problem so try dribbling it down from the gap between sections 1 and two. Then leave for a while then then try again.

BOL

Poles

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
hey all i have the same problem with my telesopic rod.
the top section is stuck in the other sextion and it is so Stuck
Av u got anyways to get it out

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

scouse

'River Man'
hi rob
i wonder if it is a foam butt end protector thats stuck down the pole
i had the same problem i just put a piece of wire down the pole with a small hook on the end and that got it out after a bit of fiddling
try it you`v nothing to lose,
thanks for that tip pole pot good one that
dave (scouse)

Zinky

Grumpy
Try the shredder down your local garden centre works every time.
By your self a rod.
Stay Cool Suck Ice

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
cmon Please help and dragon bat is that refering to me yess i have rods but i am off on holiday soon,,,,,,

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gf,
Do you know what type of bung is fitted to the pole.If it is one of the types that needs an extractor rod or wire it should come out easy enough.If it's the type that has a piece of line to pull it out and the line has dissappeared take the top 2 to your nearest garage that has a workshop and ask one of the mechanic's to blow it out with a high pressure airline.If that doesn't shift it you have real trouble i'm afraid.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Thanx Peter but its a Telescopic rod which is my problem :)

Regards Gf

Edited by - goin_fishin on 15 April 2002 7:57:20 PM

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
hiya rob,you say you've cut the elastic i presume at the stonfo because you say the bung is still in the 2nd section, whats happening is when you pushing the top section down the 2nd section its jaming against the elastic. you've got to get that bung out with the remaining elastic, trouble is if you've never had the bung out before you'll not no what type it is, if its a maver type you need a rod thats threaded at the end, others you shouldbe able to get out with a piece of wire and make a hook on the end, if you dont have any joy take it to your local takle shop they usually have bits of wire etc what they use for that problem,(hope that makes sense)

as for your 2nd problem,because you got it second hand you dont no the history it could be anything in there, a bit of elastic or it could have been damaged and splintered on the inside,you've got a problem with this one because the top section is so narrow you'll not be able to get anything down to remove the blockage, you've 2 options 1, buy a new top section, 2, measure how far the blockage is from the end and cut it back to there and fit a new bush to the end of the section, and then use that top for your heavy elastic set up.

hope that helps teepee.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry Gf,
That reply was intended for Rob 27,
But if you can get the butt cap off the rod the compressed air trick should work on that as well.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

rob27

peg nine
hi all,
To clarify my question
With regards to my first problem the bung was taken out when i cut the elastic orginally to try and solve the problem(it came out easy) but this did not work (it still only moved about 6inches before jamming) could some of the elastic still remain and be jammed between the 2 sections?
thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.