Top kits question and Top kit tubes

Jimmies

Just back fishing after years out and having to buy everything again....

When it came to the pole I bought a Maver Definition 14.5, said it came with x3 power top 2 and x1 match top 3. It actually comes with x1 power lite top 2 and no match..... I assume I'll have no major issues using the power lite top kit for canal and more general lighter/smaller fish fishing?

Also I'll need 2 or three top kit tubes as now they are elasticated they do not fit inside the poles tubes as they could before being elasticated... The thing is that I'm finding it hard to find individual top tube kits that don't cost a fortune for what is just a plastic tube. Anyone have any good links to reasonably priced ones or a good DIY option

Cheers for your time

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Just back fishing after years out and having to buy everything again....

When it came to the pole I bought a Maver Definition 14.5, said it came with x3 power top 2 and x1 match top 3. It actually comes with x1 power lite top 2 and no match..... I assume I'll have no major issues using the power lite top kit for canal and more general lighter/smaller fish fishing?

Also I'll need 2 or three top kit tubes as now they are elasticated they do not fit inside the poles tubes as they could before being elasticated... The thing is that I'm finding it hard to find individual top tube kits that don't cost a fortune for what is just a plastic tube. Anyone have any good links to reasonably priced ones or a good DIY option

Cheers for your time
Standard rod tube for topkits does the job.fit around 5 in one tube.

stephanie

go for a 3 inch standard tube just put a piece of sponge in the bottom and it protects your top kits you will get 8 or 9 kits per tube

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I got myself a Drennan topkit case from Angling Direct for only £29.99. Holds up to 8 topkits and weighs nothing.

Jimmies

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm looking for something that can fit in the existing pole bag so I'll probably look at a 2in tube as I only need to cater for 2 top kits that don't currently have a home in the pole tubes