Top kits and elastic choices

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’ve currently got an MTX1, with 3 match kits, 3 power kits and a short kit. Expecting to collect my long awaited MTX3 pretty soon, which will see me with a total of 7 match kits, 6 power kits and a short kit.

Thus far I’ve used Matrix Slik, I’ve currently got the following:

Match 6-8 x1
Match 8-10 x1
Match 10-12 x1
Power 10-12 x2
Power 14-16 x1
Short kit 10-12 x1

All these elastics are relatively new.

Thinking about how to set up the new top kits when I get them. I’m thinking about another 6-8 (or 2) in match kits to cover winter and silvers fishing, and some heavier stuff (14-16) in the new power kits for summer and bigger carp.

Alternatively, I’m open to suggestions in order to simplify it, maybe Preston Dura or Daiwa hydro.

Most of my fishing is matches, so single figure carp, on commercials, or silvers on the club lakes.

I’ve also considered selling a couple of match kits and replacing them with power kits, as I think 7 match kits is probably a bit too many, and I could use more power kits set up for shallow etc

Thoughts and suggestions gratefully received👍

Stewie

endpeg

I dont use Power kits other than snaggy margins.
Most match kits are fine for open water commercial Carping with elastics upto Black Hydro or equivalent.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I dont use Power kits other than snaggy margins.
Most match kits are fine for open water commercial Carping with elastics upto Black Hydro or equivalent.
Yes, I havnt had any issues with the match kits, but I don’t suppose there’s a lot of difference in use, so I figured that power kits were better as the range of elastics that you can put through them is bigger?

endpeg

Depends where you fish, I fish long a lot and find power kits unbalanced the pole making it top heavy.
I only use 3 elastics in Summer in my Match kits.
Preston 11 hollo in short kits x6.
White KND Hollow x 4.
Black KND Hollow x 6.
Power kit with Purple Hydro.
Power kit with Middy 18-20 solid.