Top kit protection

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
The answer is yes but you may find an ordinary rod tube is better and will take up less space overall. There is some debate about how many kits you can get in a tube, not helped by rod tubes being different diameters. But I can get four carp kits or seven canal kits in one tube.

Or you can buy a rigid topkit case.

davej1981

The answer is yes but you may find an ordinary rod tube is better and will take up less space overall. There is some debate about how many kits you can get in a tube, not helped by rod tubes being different diameters. But I can get four carp kits or seven canal kits in one tube.

Or you can buy a rigid topkit case.
I use a rod tube, got 5 in there atm could fit a couple more in at least. Ive alway done this

rudd

Site Supporter
I use an older version of these.

Learner21

Thought about the rod tube approch (the pole i bought, all the top kits came in a rod tube ) but do you not end up having to tip the lot out to get the one you want, then faff about getting them back in.?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
With a bit of shuffling about I can get 6 topkits into a tube (the black ones with red caps)

Reuben

Site Supporter
I use a Drennan Top kit Case. You can get the individual plastic tubes on eBay - MDI sell them.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
2nd that :upthumb:

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter

For Me :-
For 2 piece kits I use a larger diameter carp rod tube I fit 8 in these ( can squeeze 1 or 2 more ) 4 up 4 down.
For 1 piece kits I use a normal diameter rod tube can fit 8 4 up 4 down

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter

Had them..........binned them, bent/warped if they got hot in summer and took up far to much space, back to keeping mine in rod tubes now. ;)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Had them..........binned them, bent/warped if they got hot in summer and took up far to much space, back to keeping mine in rod tubes now. ;)
Same here, gave the 8 I had to my cousin who had started fishing, found it easier to take top off a rod tube, visually check elasticated kits I needed and slide them out.

rudd

Site Supporter
Mine are straight, never left in sunlight as only have 8, all stored in holdal with pole and spares.
Spares in 14.5 and 16m extensions.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mine are straight, never left in sunlight as only have 8, all stored in holdal with pole and spares.
Spares in 14.5 and 16m extensions.

Fair enough but still can't see the point of paying £60+ to store 8 top kits when it can be done with one decent sized rod tube at a fraction of the cost and take up less space. ;)

rudd

Site Supporter
Fair enough but still can't see the point of paying £60+ to store 8 top kits when it can be done with one decent sized rod tube at a fraction of the cost and take up less space. ;)
Like the fact that each kit is protected from banging against themselves as they fold down each side of tube - let alone against others in a tube together.
A broken kit or two more expensive than the tubes were.

Either way, kits have some protection😉

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
I typically get 7-8 kits in a road tube, nicely compact stops rattling,
Will buy a top kit case once the shops have them again......

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I have six plus a cupping kit in a Drennan Topkit case. Room for a couple more & only cost £30. Fits in my rod bag & isn't much bigger than A rod tube