Top Kit Hard Cases

irvouk

Been carrying my top kits in plastic tubes in my pole holdall for a while now but thinking of investing in a dedicated top kit hard case. Any recommend or give thoughts on which are the best?

Cheers.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Preston & Guru seem to be the best but they obviously come at a price. I use a Drennan topkit case & easily get 6 topkits in with room for more. Only cost me £30 'ish & fits in my rod holdall without taking loads of space.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Preston & Guru seem to be the best but they obviously come at a price. I use a Drennan topkit case & easily get 6 topkits in with room for more. Only cost me £30 'ish & fits in my rod holdall without taking loads of space.
I like the guru one, tubes are fine for a small number of kits .

Paul.P

I know the Cresta Identity 190 case is a lot dearer, but you can get your pole in one side & numerous top kits the other ( probably around 15 ), or alternatively top kits either side & its a quality bit of kit, done away with my rod holdall now.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I know the Cresta Identity 190 case is a lot dearer, but you can get your pole in one side & numerous top kits the other ( probably around 15 ), or alternatively top kits either side & its a quality bit of kit, done away with my rod holdall now.
To me the Identity is almost the same as the guru ,just a bit bigger if you need it to be longer

irvouk

Looked at all your suggestions and ended up buying the Drennan Top Kit. Think I bought the last one in the country. Couldn't get hold of one anywhere, was about to give up and found last one at Daves of Middlewhich. Cheers for the help.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
@chefster

how do you rate the MAP one mate? I’m looking to get a hard case but stock of most of them is sketchy at best, MAP one seems to be a bit more available than the
Guru/Drennan

irvouk

I looked at the MAP one but preferred the Drennan one because if the individual pockets that your top kits sit in which keeps them separate. The MAP one just has one big pocket which would give your top kits more room to move about.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I looked at the MAP one but preferred the Drennan one because if the individual pockets that your top kits sit in which keeps them separate. The MAP one just has one big pocket which would give your top kits more room to move about.
I’ve got the older version MAP one all top kits can be stored made up and are all separate

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Ive used the Preston one now for about 3 or 4 seasons. To be honest its not great , on the photos it looks like all 8 kits are separate when in actual fact their are just 2 rectangular plastic tubes ( both divided into 2) so realistically you have 2 kits in each section. Also with softer elastics the kits tend to fall lower down the tubes and can get tangled , and the zip is awkward on the very tight angles.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1

irvouk

I’ve got the older version MAP one all top kits can be stored made up and are all separate
Must be a different one to the MAP one I was looking at. I saw an older Map one where the elastic between the 2 sections sits around a rounded piece of molded foam.

baggy

Mark Saunders
Me too