Top kit dimensions

Steve88

Just been donated an old maver pole from a friend and looking to buy some new top kits for it, I'm struggling to find the dimensions of the top kits to see if they will fit, anyone know of how/where I can find this info out?

woodbutcher

Just been donated an old maver pole from a friend and looking to buy some new top kits for it, I'm struggling to find the dimensions of the top kits to see if they will fit, anyone know of how/where I can find this info out?
Universal kits would be my choice if it's an old pole

davej1981

Drop a email to maver with the model, depending on its age they maybe able to tell you, failing that a good old tape measure will do the trick. Youll need the internal bore of the bottom end of the topkit

davej1981

Theres also match fishing selling pages on Facebook (as well as here) ask around on there for the specific models topkits you never know!

davej1981

That's why I told the fella to measure it , both maver poles I had were 22mm .
That sounds a slim pole there ?
Its old from mid/late 90s! Still handles double figure carp though! Ill not be replacing it unless it goes bang!

Steve88

I've measured the number 3, it's finding out the bore of the top kit I'm after so i don't buy one that doesn't fit, hope that makes sense

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I've measured the number 3, it's finding out the bore of the top kit I'm after so i don't buy one that doesn't fit, hope that makes sense
Why don’t you just measure it ?? Or have you got no top kits ?? Cos you’ll be lucky to get originals, I had the very same pole, and it was brilliant, but I never had cause to measure the top kits....pole spares come up on eBay, but I’ve not seen many of the early respect come up...If you see someone on the bank with a maver pole, ask them if you can try a top kit on your pole ?‍♂️

davej1981

Respect but no idea how old it is
They still sell it on angling direct so guess spares would still be available

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
They still sell it on angling direct so guess spares would still be available

That’s the newer version, totally different to the first one

gixer 13

Site Supporter
If it's the same mandrel as the j series, drennan universals are a perfect fit.. may have a couple of old power kits off j51 and some match kits of a drennan team england that are a perfect fit you can have if you are passing newark any time

Steve88

Thanks for the advice guys the top kits I have already are 19.5mm. Now the issue I have is finding some top kits around that diameter, ordered some cheap oakwood side pulla top kits but would have to cut them down past the side pulla for them to fit so no good really.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
that's one issue with generic top kits that have side pullas, that is a small diameter top kit i'm wondering if the older middy white knuckle top kits would fit as i remember them to be quite a small diameter