Top kit cases

Philnun87

That was my only reservation about the Guru was whether it is waterproof enough and as I have about 30 topkits whether they would all for, bit looks like a nice bit of kit!

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
That was my only reservation about the Guru was whether it is waterproof enough and as I have about 30 topkits whether they would all for, bit looks like a nice bit of kit!
The milo has more room

Fishfinderuk

I am looking to get a new top kit case and am looking at either:
- the Guru,
- the Cresta identity protect 190
- the Milo one.

ideally this will fit in a pole hold-all to keep things tidy, but potentially still open to any of the above if they don’t fit.

Would anyone who has any of the above models mind just giving their views and feedback on how many top kits they can hold, whether they will fit into a pole hold-all or need to be used separately, and whether long kits ( I know browning for example have long topkits) would fit?

cheers

Phil
If its just a case to store top kits,you can't beat the preston monster kit case.i use the compact for my two peice kits (24 kits,2 no 4s),and use the xl for my one peice kits(16 ).much cheaper than other brands,very well made,and strong.

Paul.P

From what i've seen the reason the guru top kit case is cheaper is because its smaller than the cresta one, thats why i bought a cresta one, i've got 2 16m poles in it ( incase of breakages ) plus about 10 top kits, which is more than enough for me on any given day. The only ones that i know that are pretty much identical are the cresta & MAP ones, although trying to get hold of either at the minute is damn near impossible. I'm pretty sure most of the manufacturers will have the same version with there own logo on pretty soon as there a very good seller.

Philnun87

From what i've seen the reason the guru top kit case is cheaper is because its smaller than the cresta one, thats why i bought a cresta one, i've got 2 16m poles in it ( incase of breakages ) plus about 10 top kits, which is more than enough for me on any given day. The only ones that i know that are pretty much identical are the cresta & MAP ones, although trying to get hold of either at the minute is damn near impossible. I'm pretty sure most of the manufacturers will have the same version with there own logo on pretty soon as there a very good seller.
Hi Paul

Out of interest, roughly how many top kits would you fit in the crests one (if you were just using it as a top kit case)? I know it is more of a pole case too.

also, is it fully waterproof (some people have said that the Milo one isn’t)

yep everyone is out of stock of most of the pole / kit cases at the moment :-(.

cheers
Phil

Paul.P

Phil, just using it for 2 piece topkits, i would imagine somewhere around 24 pretty comfortably, as to whether its waterproof, is anything waterproof with a full length zip ?, i have to say the only day i've been out when it rained i left the case open & therefore got a lot of water in, but it soon dried out.

Fishfinderuk

Preston innovations monster compact xl.you could pick one up second hand for around £40.you could get 28 two peice kits in,if you remove the top divider. They are much more compact than guru,milo and in my opinion offer more protection. I have two in my holdhall, the compact, and the longer one for my one peice kits.once I know where I'm going I just swap them to suit if I need a mix of short and long kits.i have had a few of the milo and guru,but the preston ones work best for me and save a good amount of space.

Philnun87

Phil, just using it for 2 piece topkits, i would imagine somewhere around 24 pretty comfortably, as to whether its waterproof, is anything waterproof with a full length zip ?, i have to say the only day i've been out when it rained i left the case open & therefore got a lot of water in, but it soon dried out.
Cheers mate

Philnun87

Preston innovations monster compact xl.you could pick one up second hand for around £40.you could get 28 two peice kits in,if you remove the top divider. They are much more compact than guru,milo and in my opinion offer more protection. I have two in my holdhall, the compact, and the longer one for my one peice kits.once I know where I'm going I just swap them to suit if I need a mix of short and long kits.i have had a few of the milo and guru,but the preston ones work best for me and save a good amount of space.
I do have a Preston XL compact. Yeh dividers really frustrate me so I will give it a go removing them. Was ideally looking for something with a zip all the way round to get to the kits a bit easier, but as you say it does provide good protection. Cheers

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
I looked at the Milo yesterday. 2m long will take any pole and very well made however there are none in the shops.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I have the milo top kit case and have 17 top kits ,two cupping kits and two no 4 sections in it, probably be able to fit another two or three top kits in it, never had any water get into it, very pleased with mine.
I have Tricast top kits in it.

Philnun87

The new matrix pole hold-all look very nice,but expensive.
I thought the same, but I guess it has the top kit case built into it. If you were to buy a guru, crests case that would set you back £100-140 and then a pole holdall probably another £90-100

Philnun87

is the Cresta much bigger than the Guru does anyone know? Could you kit the Cresta in a pole holdall (I know it is designed really to be carried separately)?

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
In each side of the guru you can get a pole and extension, in the Cresta you can get a pole and 2 extensions, hope that gives you an idea of relative sizes.

johnfranks

Does anyone know when the cresta or map rigid holdalls will be in stock again ? Or any for sale ?