Top kit cases

Philnun87

I am looking to get a new top kit case and am looking at either:
- the Guru,
- the Cresta identity protect 190
- the Milo one.

ideally this will fit in a pole hold-all to keep things tidy, but potentially still open to any of the above if they don’t fit.

Would anyone who has any of the above models mind just giving their views and feedback on how many top kits they can hold, whether they will fit into a pole hold-all or need to be used separately, and whether long kits ( I know browning for example have long topkits) would fit?

cheers

Phil

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
- the Guru,
- the Milo one.

ideally this will fit in a pole hold-all to keep things tidy, but potentially still open to any of the above if they don’t fit.

Would anyone who has any of the above models mind just giving their views and feedback on how many top kits they can hold, whether they will fit into a pole hold-all or need to be used separately, and whether long kits ( I know browning for example have long topkits) would fit?

cheers

Phil
I’ve got the Guru one , I’ve got 12 short top kits ,8 long tops, and a cupping kit in mine, could take a few more probably, don’t know if it fits in a hold-all, as I’ve only got an 8 tube hold-all, and don’t want to cram it in .......The guru one is ok, I can’t compare it with anything else as I’ve never really looked at any others 👍

tonyh24

Site Supporter
The Cresta is actually a holdall / top kit case. It is 1900mm long so will not fit in another holdall. However it is designed to hold 2 / 3 poles + topkits.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I’ve done a video review of the Guru on my YouTube channel, it’s had over 2,500 views and several people have bought based on the video. I show capacity and how you can use it to carry a pole and top kits. If you search for Paul’s Tackle Reviews on YouTube you will find it.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I saw a video the other day on a Browning one that was going to be out soon. But haven’t seen it for sale yet. It looked pretty good from what I saw.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Friend of mine has the Guru one. Like most of their gear, you're probably going to pay a premium in comparison to other brands but it's a solid piece of kit, And it looks proper good too. Way better looking than anything else I've seen on the market with plenty of space. Like Gaz, I can't really compare it to anything else, But I've been hands on with the Guru one and I'd highly recommend it. (y)

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Baggy, how do you find it as my understanding is that’s it’s a secure box but with no straps or compartments so stuff can ‘swill’ around?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
- the Guru,
- the Milo one.

cheers

Phil
Im on second guru ,guru x now ,think its the same ,excellent . Had the milo but sold it because its not long enough for my top kits but the milo was brilliant and my preference. The identity i couldnt find in stock but looks very much like the guru . You wont go wrong with any ,the guru is the cheapest and is a great bit of kit

robert d

Site Supporter
Im on second guru ,guru x now ,think its the same ,excellent . Had the milo but sold it because its not long enough for my top kits but the milo was brilliant and my preference. The identity i couldnt find in stock but looks very much like the guru . You wont go wrong with any ,the guru is the cheapest and is a great bit of kit
I would say the identity is the same as the guru ,different logo

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
I’ve gone for the Cresta waiting for it to be delivered. Reason I’ve gone for the Cresta is a lad I know had the Guru one and he said in wet weather his pole and tops were getting soaked. He recommended the Cresta, but like everything, everyone has different opinions

robert d

Site Supporter
I’ve gone for the Cresta waiting for it to be delivered. Reason I’ve gone for the Cresta is a lad I know had the Guru one and he said in wet weather his pole and tops were getting soaked. He recommended the Cresta, but like everything, everyone has different opinions
Id love to put the cresta and guru side by side , i havent noticed my old guru getting wet inside before . A good trick is spray the whole zip with silicone spray or wd40

matti

Site Supporter
Ive got the guru, i carry in mine , 4 short kits, 12 power kits, cupping kit and my spare pole sections, i cant fault it apart from when its zipped closed, the lid has a tendancy to fall into the lower part of the case, i dont think this would cause a problem, but i keep my eye on it just in case

robert d

Site Supporter
Ive got the guru, i carry in mine , 4 short kits, 12 power kits, cupping kit and my spare pole sections, i cant fault it apart from when its zipped closed, the lid has a tendancy to fall into the lower part of the case, i dont think this would cause a problem, but i keep my eye on it just in case
It doesnt go far in ,never had a problem with damage,fingers crossed for the future😁

Philnun87

I’ve got the Guru one , I’ve got 12 short top kits ,8 long tops, and a cupping kit in mine, could take a few more probably, don’t know if it fits in a hold-all, as I’ve only got an 8 tube hold-all, and don’t want to cram it in .......The guru one is ok, I can’t compare it with anything else as I’ve never really looked at any others 👍
Cheers chefster