Tooth Ache..........

Scalper

NCP....
Account Locked
Yeah, we've all had it and it is never welcomed at any time is it!?!
But with you lot being old farts your probably all using dentures by now!!
Dunno why but my pegs usually kick off at the weekend or at Christmas - probably because getting the *astards fixed is more difficult!
Hence I have a temp filling product ready in the med cabinet and for a fiver it is a godsend...I have one in the car and another in my bivvy bag when on 24hr sessions!
Clove Oil - Tastes like *hit but does the job and I have a bottle of it as above...
Had a filling and root canal last week that was still sore this morning because there was an abscess under it. Hence the numb juice didn't work and I had effectively had it extracted without any pain relief!!!...
I don't usually feel pain but today I did!!!!!!!! :(
Can't really complain though as a private Dentist wanted £1725 to fix my gob but the NHS stepped in and said they would do what's needed for free! :)

Share your dental adventures here!!!!

Last edited:

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Ibuprofen is best for toothache - different mode of action to paracetamol. It can really take the edge off.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
If it is just a case of plugging a hole for a few hours until you can get to an emergency dentist, a dentist told me that a good quick filler is sugar-free chewing gum !

...and having suffered with toothache many times I can agree with Spanky that Ibuprofen is far better than paracetamol for the pain. Although both in moderation can be good too.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
65 years old and still got my own teeth. Had the odd toothache now and then but Ibuprofen sorted it.

Pigmeal

H
Yeah, we've all had it and it is never welcomed at any time is it!?!
But with you lot being old farts your probably all using dentures by now!!
Dunno why but my pegs usually kick off at the weekend or at Christmas - probably because getting the *astards fixed is more difficult!
Hence I have a temp filling product ready in the med cabinet and for a fiver it is a godsend...I have one in the car and another in my bivvy bag when on 24hr sessions!
Clove Oil - Tastes like *hit but does the job and I have a bottle of it as above...
Had a filling and root canal last week that was still sore this morning because there was an abscess under it. Hence the numb juice didn't work and I had effectively had it extracted without any pain relief!!!...
I don't usually feel pain but today I did!!!!!!!! :(
Can't really complain though as a private Dentist wanted £1725 to fix my gob but the NHS stepped in and said they would do what's needed for free! :)

Share your dental adventures here!!!!
how did you get it for nowt I pay on nhs