Too hot or not??

tincatim

Site Supporter
I have to say I really love the heat, I can quite happily handle 30+ degrees. It happens here that rarely that my attitude is to enjoy it while you can, it’ll soon be cold, dark and wet… for 7 months!

I’ve got chance to fish tomorrow after work so I’m taking it. A pint of maggots and the trotting gear, shorts and t-shirt with a hat to keep my head from burning and hopefully some lovely oxygenated glides full of roach.

The most productive fishing in this weather always comes in the morning or evening for me.

alsur

Site Supporter
I've fished some matches on commercials on very hot days and plenty of fish have been caught. The problem I have now is I just can't handle it, I was fine when I was younger but find it to much now so I restrict myself to evening sessions when it's this hot.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
enjoy it while you can, it’ll soon be cold, dark and wet
Too right whilst the last couple days have got a bit too hot even for me (was fine Friday and Saturday though) give me this weather over the cold months any day. I’d be quite happy if the fishing year was a loop from about Easter to bonfire night so to skip most of the rubbish weather!

MarkW

It's 29 at Bournemouth Airport and I'm out a bit later; too hot? I'll comment later. Too hot to cart the film gear but might run a camcorder just in case.
The car showed 35.5C (parked in the sun) that quickly found the actual 29C. All I can say is that the roach were boiling for the hemp as I threw it in and despite a bit of bother from a pike in the first swim I tried I ended up with four dozen decent roach plus about 20 dace and chublets, all on a tare. I was still 24C when I left the river.
Here's the best roach which just topped a pound:

Attachments

• DSC00371.JPG
    DSC00371.JPG
    420 KB · Views: 5

davylad

Site Supporter
I was in London at the weekend, we went for stroll around Docklands, saw some big carp and massive bream, must have been 6 or 7 lb, just cruising about in little shoals. My god it was hot, very hot.:eek:

Total

Site Supporter
I was in London at the weekend, we went for stroll around Docklands, saw some big carp and massive bream, must have been 6 or 7 lb, just cruising about in little shoals. My god it was hot, very hot.:eek:
Surry Docks, Millwall Docks?:unsure: