Tommy Pickering

DAF 3600

In the 1970's I owned a vhs recording by Tommy. It started with him and his wife on a ferry going to I think Denmark. He fished a lake and a river demonstrating both Stillwater and running water methods of waggler fishing. This was the best vhs I have ever seen and I would dearly love to own it again, in DVD form copied from the original or one of the original video's. If anybody can help I would be very grateful. Regards Phil.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Could you contact Tommy directly and ask him? He might even have a copy or know where to get one.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I seem to recall he did a video of fishing on the Guden... would that have been the one...?

SeanB

Site Supporter

Could possibly try going through Maver if Facebook doesn't work. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've already spoken with him and he's going to get back to me ;)

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
ffs Tommy you told me that Preston rods were the best!!! what next..."move the feeder, you must move the feeder" im feeling suicidle. :cry::cry:

Keith Sparky

Controversial I know but his videos just look and feel past it with no real new tips......same old stuff.....and I grew up watching his stuff like all of us....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Fish don't read magazines, don't have access to YouTube or social media, and the last time I looked they didn't have access to the tackle manufacturer's websites - in fact they've hardly evolved at all over time and can still be caught by the same old methods despite what the manufacturers and fishing experts say otherwise.
In fact when Dick Walker caught Clarrissa Delkims hadn't been invented, and now no self respecting Carp angler would be seen on the bank without the latest set :)

Tackle doesn't catch you fish, watercraft does ;)

Silver fan 82

Fish don't read magazines, don't have access to YouTube or social media, and the last time I looked they didn't have access to the tackle manufacturer's websites - in fact they've hardly evolved at all over time and can still be caught by the same old methods despite what the manufacturers and fishing experts say otherwise.
In fact when Dick Walker caught Clarrissa Delkims hadn't been invented, and now no self respecting Carp angler would be seen on the bank without the latest set :)

Well said Dave!

Keith Sparky

Agree that watercraft or more importantly location location location is the same but some methods and the tackle associated has evolved albeit a bit at a time I grant you !