Tommy Pickering Stick Float Fishing on the River Trent

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thanks @Tinca Mad I really enjoyed watching that, have only been stick float fishing once recently and definitely plan on going again again.

Arch

Site Supporter
Perhaps if we went with Tommy we'd catch summat.........

:):)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Always the next time @Arch I have chub in mind. I am better prepared for it too. Proper box of shot, float rubbers, will take a look at the signature stick floats Tommy was using. Catch or not I really enjoyed using a stick float, not to mention the breakfast and the company of course. (y)

Arch

Site Supporter
(y) There will be a next time Kev. Did you see the weather the week after after we'd gone ?? A nice Easterly wind. We could have fished down near the pub, rather than from behind the car..........

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Only drawn next to Tommy once - nearly 30 years ago on the two pegs above the bypass bridge at Evesham (Wilmott's meadow).
I must have a learnt a lot that day - as he gave me a proper schooling!

Rick123

Site Supporter
Notice they always fish in perfect weather?;);) He'd have had to use a float taking 5oz of shot yesterday, that would make a 6 foot stick float?:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Only drawn next to Tommy once - nearly 30 years ago on the two pegs above the bypass bridge at Evesham (Wilmott's meadow).
I must have a learnt a lot that day - as he gave me a proper schooling!

Used to love going to watch the old Evesham festivals, When Tommy and the 'Blacks' were in town, absolute brilliant down to earth blokes, and brilliant Anglers