Tollerton lakes

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Hi all I’m after a bit of info regarding baits and methods at Tollerton.
I’m fishing a match there on the 17th and was wondering what species could be on the agenda ??
All info greatly received ??

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
If you are on Heron then target the Barbel either down the margins or just the top two straight in front of you feed plenty of maggots to get them going maggot on the hook so you might want 6 pints plus.
Also there are Skimmers and F1's so you might get quiet a mixed bag hope this helps a little and let us know how the match went.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
If you are on Heron then target the Barbel either down the margins or just the top two straight in front of you feed plenty of maggots to get them going maggot on the hook so you might want 6 pints plus.
Also there are Skimmers and F1's so you might get quiet a mixed bag hope this helps a little and let us know how the match went.

Would you fish white or red maggot Steve ?
Thanks for the info

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
When I fished it Reds where the preferred choice but I suppose it what they fancy on the day.
They might go for the whites but they might be a little slower at taking them it will be trial and error at this time of year what with water temperature and colour take a few of each colour maggs give your 20 minutes on each and see what works the best then keep in simple after that you could easy do 50 -70 lbs

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
When I fished it Reds where the preferred choice but I suppose it what they fancy on the day.
They might go for the whites but they might be a little slower at taking them it will be trial and error at this time of year what with water temperature and colour take a few of each colour maggs give your 20 minutes on each and see what works the best then keep in simple after that you could easy do 50 -70 lbs

Thanks again mate. I’ll let you know how I get on

Brythebagger

Site Supporter

Hi Steve. Fished the match today and drew peg 16 ?.
Got told be 2 lads in the cafe that the middle of lake is where you need to be so not the best draw.
It was flat calm when we started and I was catching well on carp on maggot at 11 meters . Once the wind got up the peg died big time. Bitterly cold towards the end.
I managed 36.11 and was good enough for 2nd in section behind a weight 54b ( from peg 10- middle of lake lol) on our bank so not a bad result from my peg. 4th in the match so all good at the end of the day. Thanks for your info

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
Just seen this as I've been away, i'm glad you had a decent day and my little bit of info helped you a little.
Heron is a bit exposed and it can get a little cool at this time of year when a breeze gets up.
I hope you get a chance to fish it summer when it can do a ton plus.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Just seen this as I've been away, i'm glad you had a decent day and my little bit of info helped you a little.
Heron is a bit exposed and it can get a little cool at this time of year when a breeze gets up.
I hope you get a chance to fish it summer when it can do a ton plus.

It’s not on the match program for next year but I think it is for the following one.
Thanks again