Toilets (What do you think)????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlw

Hi everyone,

Its been a bug bare of mine for the last 25years, basically all my angling life.

Some venues do have toilet facilities, some dont.

An example Drayton res. It does have a toilet just by the enterance gate which is fine if you are fishing on the dam wall but what if your fishing right around on the boards like I was.

In a match need the toilet twice takes at least 10 mins in total to get there and back cos you dont run, so thats 20 mins off the match time lost cos of the toilet.

Your probably thinking whats the problem why not go behind a tree like everyone else !!!!

When your a woman well you just carnt do that.

and thats my point I feel that venues cater for the male anglers but not the women, maybe its because there are not many of us about but it would be nice to be considered especially at the larger venues.

Whats your views?

Would it be a problem to have an extra toilet (porta) it doesnt matter.

Jane icon_smile_blush.gif beautiful.gif

norm

i agree with ya ,it must be hard for woman

but don`t go down the line that they cater for men

it`s not that ,it is just man are not as botherd as woman to go behind a tree,

p.s they cant put porto loo`s in the trees as they need a clear space to get the van in to clear them out

see ya later
norm

jlw

Hi Norm

No I am not saying they only cater for men, Im not like that at all. icon_smile_wink.gif

I have used bushes plenty of times when there has been no toilet and Im am not against watering nature lol.

but when there are hundreds of male angling companions all sat around and you need a tree to pee then for a woman it becomes very embarrassing and it would be handy if there was more toilets for us to use.

Where i go locally fishing its a lovely place and sometimes it very quite and i dont mind using a tree or a big bush. but later on it becomes busy and the so called bush is in full view from all way round so if you can see what i mean sometimes i have to cut my fishing day short because i have be caught short so to speak.

icon_smile_big.gif

Jane

ray

hiya jane, the wife has the same problem, when she goes fishing with me i have to choose somewhere that does have a toilet which in turn limits us to only a couple of places.
i have in the past mentioned this to a number of fishery owners/managers and to be honest the response has not been enthusiastic to say the least even to the extent that one guy told me that "fishing is no place for a woman" needless to say that i/we no longer go there (and he didnt get his 10 ticket money)
it might be an idea for m/ds to say if there are toilet facilities when they write reports? at least that would be a start.

p.s quick tip for ya.......dont have a curry the night before ya go fishing.............lol

dont give the antis any ammo, take your rubbish home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Jane,

Sadly its all about economics!
i.e. Cost of 2nd toilet divided by number of users to calculate per capita investment AND then estimated increase in Anglers attendance BECAUSE of the attraction of the investment!

You could argue that, although there are not many female Amglers, it would attract duo's, such as Ray's wife pushing him to attend a poorer Fishery, but with better facilities, but most Commercial Men would need numbers!

Majorities rule Jane (Sadly)

BTW, In view of my recent Tackle theft,from a venue that I subsequently learnt has experienced the same before, when posting about Toilets, add 'Secure Car Park' if applicable!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

DenAndy

The problem of where to fish and toilets has been a problem for us over the last five years since my wife started fishing, the problem has now doubled because my daugter has taken up the sport as well.

My wife used to make do with both brollies placed up against a convenient hedge, which is fine on an isolated part of the river, but she won't do it on a commercial fishery because everybody knows what you are doing even though they can't see you and she feels just as embarrassed.

I can't understand why some fisheries can afford to maintain a simple portaloo and yet other equally busy ones say they can't. We raised the question of toilets with a local fisherie owner and he said he would look into the cost etc but couldn't promise anything because it was a quiet fishery and he wanted to keep his prices down. The next time we went we noticed there still wasn't a toilet but there was 2 six foot fencing panels hinged together with a ladies sign on it up against the hedgerow. He expalined he had costed a toilet but decided he couldn't afford it so he had put the screens up (and would move them around occasionaly) for the ladies privacy and if they needed to do anything other than have a pee they were welcome to knock on the farmhouse door.

He explained this only applied to any ladies who were fishing and not the men because he didn't want everybody banging his door down to have a tom tit. We think this was an acceptable solution to the problem and at least he had given it some thought.

Andy

jlw

Hi Ray,

I think I would have behaved a little un lady like if he had said that to me and hit him.

what a silly man
icon_smile_angry.gif

With regard M Drowners saying if toilets are provided What a great idea that would help alot.

Andy,

Thanks for the reply I agree at least he considered us lady anglers by using the fence panels I mean that would be fine and sufficient just a little privacy is all we ask. My daughter of 12 has really taken to fishing like I did at her age and at the moment the brolly thing we have to do and another thing we do is try to park the car in a position to avoid the embarrassment and take a blanket to hang down while both doors are open.

When I was in the Royal Navy I had to go on quite a few detachments and obviously that too was a (NO OFFENCE) mans enviroment Well being a harrier jumpjet engineer it would be, there were only 2 women in the squadron, and there was plenty of places were there were no loos.

because there were 2 of us when we complained about it. Well they decided we had a point and they use to erect camping toilet in a little tent and that was just for the girls, Abit like the ones in a caravan.

If angling venues want to earn extra revenue maybe if they thought of the convieneces that were available for say couples and familys ( fence panels accepted) then there revenue may go up, as there would probably more women using the venues icon_smile_big.gif

Regards Jane

darryl

i don`t think a secound loo is needed just a unisex one we have a portaloo at pride lake`s and both sex`s use it with no worry`s , and this is just a club fishery and not a commercial water so if a club can do it there should be no excuse for any money making water

work`s for them who can`t fish

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
as you know Sammy fishes all over the place with me & has done since she was 4 she does get a bit more embarassed now she is getting older 16 in nov
but it does have other problems like when we went to semmer water
she went behind a stone wall & found out the hard way there were stinging nettles there she couldnt sit still for long on the journey all the way home. Im going to get killed for this posting when she sees it .

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Status
Not open for further replies.