Today's Trip

The Hitman

Site Supporter
So went to Packington as planned. Arrived at around 9.45. Spoke to John he indicated fish were spawning so might be tough fishing.
After driving around decided to fish peg 11 on Gearys. Nobody on the bank. Notice Steve Ringer and Matt Godfrey, must have been doing a feature.
Settled in my peg. Had couple decent skimmers then 2 Bream 4lb apiece. Had been pinging pellets at 30m for Bomb line. 12 o'clock started to fish the bomb, had 2 Carp first 2 chucks, great i though. Here we good good day on the cards, so thought! 2 mins later from out of nowhere 2 cars pulled up then a van. 8 people got out, and you guest it. 4 sat to right 4 to the left. Shouting and spodding like you have never seen. FFS my peaceful day just finished. Social distance british style. Don't give a s*** about anybody. ?
Had to put up with it until i finished at 4. What is wrong with people!

In the end had 6 decent Skimmers and 6 Carp on a very nosiy commercial with fish spawning everywhere.

Steve Ringer must have thought why do i bother when he drove past and 6 were sitting together on the bank.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
ive just played 9 holes on my local course, shot a gross 40, par is 36 so net 31 and -5 in 9 holes, best ive ever played those holes and i 3 putted twice!

just driven home and a house 10 roads away has about 30 cars lining the street, banners everywhere saying happy birthday and totally ignoring the rules!

The Hitman

Site Supporter
ive just played 9 holes on my local course, shot a gross 40, par is 36 so net 31 and -5 in 9 holes, best ive ever played those holes and i 3 putted twice!

just driven home and a house 10 roads away has about 30 cars lining the street, banners everywhere saying happy birthday and totally ignoring the rules!
Talking to my mate in Devon yesterday, custody officer. He put a guy in the cell. 30 kids at a party, with parents. Got out of hand, guy couldn't see they had done wrong. Words fail me.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
So went to Packington as planned. Arrived at around 9.45. Spoke to John he indicated fish were spawning so might be tough fishing.
After driving around decided to fish peg 11 on Gearys. Nobody on the bank. Notice Steve Ringer and Matt Godfrey, must have been doing a feature.
Settled in my peg. Had couple decent skimmers then 2 Bream 4lb apiece. Had been pinging pellets at 30m for Bomb line. 12 o'clock started to fish the bomb, had 2 Carp first 2 chucks, great i though. Here we good good day on the cards, so thought! 2 mins later from out of nowhere 2 cars pulled up then a van. 8 people got out, and you guest it. 4 sat to right 4 to the left. Shouting and spodding like you have never seen. FFS my peaceful day just finished. Social distance british style. Don't give a s*** about anybody. ?

In the end had 6 decent Skimmers and 6 Carp on a very nosiy commercial with fish spawning everywhere.

Steve Ringer must have thought why do i bother when he drove past and 6 were sitting together on the bank.

Steve Ringer Fishing
1 hr ·
First day back after the break?. Big Gearys at Packington was the destination and i was a bit rusty? after the break. The fish were sunbathing too? which definitely didnt help☀️.Managed a few bites in the end and cant wait to get back out again now?. Long pole shallow was the only way to get a bite or two. The fish definitely didnt want to feed on the bottom.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor, nature and water

The Hitman

Site Supporter

Steve Ringer Fishing
1 hr ·
First day back after the break?. Big Gearys at Packington was the destination and i was a bit rusty? after the break. The fish were sunbathing too? which definitely didnt help☀.Managed a few bites in the end and cant wait to get back out again now?. Long pole shallow was the only way to get a bite or two. The fish definitely didnt want to feed on the bottom.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor, nature and water
I had 5 carp off the bottom. 1 shallow waggler)
He was on the best peg the lake also ?

NJ1875

Site Supporter

Think I’m going to give it a whirl tomorrow there - were the other pools busy?

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Think I’m going to give it a whirl tomorrow there - were the other pools busy?
Whole complex was busy. John said they were averaging 100-120 per day. Fish were spawning today and yesterday. Loads in the margins.
Molands might be the best option.