Todays protest - why.......

Philocalist

I'm completely unconvinced that people should be blindly following all of the 'rules' being laid down recently - in part, its impossible to do so because there are so many conflicting guidelines being issued, many of which make no sense at all to anyone with the IQ of an average year 7 school child.

just to start the ball rolling - Masks - from the horses mouth (i.e. my GP, yesterday).

I was there to talk about something unrelated. Technically, I'm exempt from wearing a mask. Doctors surgery rules say that people should wear a mask in there, all staff are masked and gowned - I wore a mask, knowing I,d be in there just a few minutes. Even within that short time, it was obvious (to the GP) that I was less than comfortable, and I was invited to remove the mask - which lead to the conversation........

Asking for 'official' advice about mask exemption, I was informed, quite sheepishly, that GP's have beed directed NOT to offer advice on the issue, but that 'reception will have information' - which thery did'nt!
Just in case you missed that: ...... GP's HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED NOT TO ADVISE ON MASK EXEMPTION. Not only that, but at this point in time they are NOT offering any form of official, written confirmation of exemption to anyone, regardless of the reason.

There is no need to wear or display any sort of badge etc to signify exemption - you're simply expected to self-certify, then rock up to wherever without a mask - at which point it is actually illegal for anyone to question why you are not wearing a mask (in the same sense that no-one can ask someone with a disability to explain their problem). To do so leave them wide open to prosecution and a damages claim.
Conversely, should you wish to wear such badging (presumably to avoid an awkward situation), appropriate badges and documents are available on the .gov website, where they can be downloaded for printing or display on your mobile, and used by ANYONE.

Then look at all of the 'expert' advice on masks, even from the manufacturers themselves. No-one can argue categorically what is right or wrong, and both sides of the argument are apparently fully supported by incontivertible facts, research and evidence.

So, what to do? Follow blindly, when the advice given changes to the polar opposite evry five minutes, or try and use common sense and logic and draw your own conclusions, which by definition are either as accurate, or inaccurate, as those being given by the expert-of-the-day?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Among the key speakers at the event were climate change denier and and anti-5G campaigner Piers Corbyn and David Icke, a conspiracy theorist perhaps best known for claiming that the world is run by reptilian aliens.

Piers Corbyn - Jeremy Corbyn's brother

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This being the same David Icke and Piers Corbyn that both have said some very dangerous things? Mind boggles.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
Why was it allowed to happen at all.

No good having rules if no one polices them.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Among the key speakers at the event were climate change denier and and anti-5G campaigner Piers Corbyn and David Icke, a conspiracy theorist perhaps best known for claiming that the world is run by reptilian aliens.

Piers Corbyn - Jeremy Corbyn's brother

My Elder brother is a Rabid Redneck Brexiteer

Blanks

Site Supporter
With regards to David Icke, unless you have read his books or been to a presentation you will not know what he is saying, all you will be acting on is out of context ridicule by the media outlets that have been lying to us for years.

rudd

Site Supporter
I'm completely unconvinced that people should be blindly following all of the 'rules' being laid down recently - in part, its impossible to do so because there are so many conflicting guidelines being issued, many of which make no sense at all to anyone with the IQ of an average year 7 school child.

just to start the ball rolling - Masks - from the horses mouth (i.e. my GP, yesterday).

I was there to talk about something unrelated. Technically, I'm exempt from wearing a mask. Doctors surgery rules say that people should wear a mask in there, all staff are masked and gowned - I wore a mask, knowing I,d be in there just a few minutes. Even within that short time, it was obvious (to the GP) that I was less than comfortable, and I was invited to remove the mask - which lead to the conversation........

Asking for 'official' advice about mask exemption, I was informed, quite sheepishly, that GP's have beed directed NOT to offer advice on the issue, but that 'reception will have information' - which thery did'nt!
Just in case you missed that: ...... GP's HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED NOT TO ADVISE ON MASK EXEMPTION. Not only that, but at this point in time they are NOT offering any form of official, written confirmation of exemption to anyone, regardless of the reason.

There is no need to wear or display any sort of badge etc to signify exemption - you're simply expected to self-certify, then rock up to wherever without a mask - at which point it is actually illegal for anyone to question why you are not wearing a mask (in the same sense that no-one can ask someone with a disability to explain their problem). To do so leave them wide open to prosecution and a damages claim.
Conversely, should you wish to wear such badging (presumably to avoid an awkward situation), appropriate badges and documents are available on the .gov website, where they can be downloaded for printing or display on your mobile, and used by ANYONE.

Then look at all of the 'expert' advice on masks, even from the manufacturers themselves. No-one can argue categorically what is right or wrong, and both sides of the argument are apparently fully supported by incontivertible facts, research and evidence.

So, what to do? Follow blindly, when the advice given changes to the polar opposite evry five minutes, or try and use common sense and logic and draw your own conclusions, which by definition are either as accurate, or inaccurate, as those being given by the expert-of-the-day?
Thats great but why get together with thousands of others who dont want to wear a mask for a protest on something you dont have to wear???

BarryS

Gone fishing

If masks are useless why do surgeons use them ?

BarryS

Gone fishing
With regards to David Icke, unless you have read his books or been to a presentation you will not know what he is saying, all you will be acting on is out of context ridicule by the media outlets that have been lying to us for years.
He has said that the Royal family are reptiles......real reptiles. I'm my mind, and I'm not a great Royalist, that makes him a plonker.

JayD

Did your Dr say where the 'official' advice came from? Was it from Government, the NHS, the Unions, or from a legal adviser? I know from speaking to a few healthcare professionals that, like in any profession, they are advised to 'cover their rear' when offering 'advice', especially in this litigation prone society. All medical professionals are very wary of a call from PALS. The receptionist/supervisor should have received the relevant guide lines and be best to advise on them.
Any establishment that is open to the public, can lay down rules that allow or deny entry, if all stores 'sang from the same hymn sheet', then there would be less confusion. I understand that some people struggle to wear a mask for medical/mental reasons. I have been diagnosed with COPD, and struggle to wear one. COPD in itself is not covered by any exemption, so I wear a mask if going into an enclosed place, and leave the premises if I start to suffer. I don't wear it for personal protection, but to reduce the chance of spreading it should I have caught it, without realising, from some selfish barsteward that thinks it's not 'macho' to wear one, it impinges on their personal freedoms, or it's all a hoax/conspiracy started by some reptilian invader from planet Zog.
I nearly lost it yesterday while out shopping, with the number of people, some of which I know, not wearing masks, and crowding people, coughing and spluttering, and generally being a dick.

I will admit to being even more incensed, by the sight of 5 Santa Claus figures lined up on a store shelf. It not yet September FFS! :mad::mad:

John.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Tomorrow there is an Anti Police Brutality march going through Knotting Hill in support or Floyd George..... that should be interesting especially as the police have advised against it.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Tomorrow there is an Anti Police Brutality march going through Knotting Hill in support or Floyd George..... that should be interesting especially as the police have advised against it.
They've obviously got nothing else to do,most of them are too ugly or opinionated to get a partner,and besides it keeps them off the streets. :ROFLMAO: