Todays post

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Well, the reliable old postie has just been,

click-rattle went the letter box, Two bobs worth of Black Dog let me know there were communications delivered in his own indomitable guarding type way

and my old bones were dragged from the work table to gather the scattered envelopes from the porch

Six items today, about the same as yesterday

One was relevant, a bank statement on the amounts of loot in a stash savings account (notwithstanding that I get a text every wednesday morn off them when the weekly money add-pension is paid in)

the other five collectively were trash,

one about the new bestest in the world heating hot water system, that I surely couldnt live without

one about investing the bank statements totals in the world of wine

one about purchasing a new water softener with a remarkable amount of discount from the previous advertised price

one from screwfix, a foolscap sized magazine stating the latest discount deals on thier plumbing side of the buisiness

and finally, a new Toolstation catalouge that might just reach the hallowed areas of the upstairs loo as reading materials whilst I take a dump

over a pound in weight of glossy paper, FFS !

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Don't knock it mate,it's what keeps Royal Mail and all the posties in business,how often do we get hard copies of policy docs,
etc unless we ask for them,otherwise it's an e-mail and we do their printing for them.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
When I had a Screwfix catalogue sent to me, I thought it was a dating agency brochure,
Then I opened it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
In
WHAT??

I've got a £72 order to pick up from Toolstation tomorrow and no coupon :eek:
was on the letter head paper.
Said for valued customer so if u use them a bit. And I bet you do you should of got one. It was in new book I got delivered this week

62tucker

Site Supporter
And I was there last week. 3 hand saws. 2 shovels and a lock. Over £40 and never had coupon then 🤯

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Online sales only? I'm visiting one of their outlets - going to try it on though :D