Todays paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Has anybody seen todays paper (news of the world i think?).

It has a small piece in there about the tories hoping to gain the votes of 5 million anglers by abolishing the rod licence.

The piece went along the lines of

"Tories to abolish the "hated" rod licence in attempt to win 5 million anglers votes.

The licence currently costs 22 a year & many can't afford it"

Sorry but i don't think the rod licence is hated by any decent anglers, just those who don't want to pay for a sport they enjoy.

yes reduce it in cost by all means but don't abolish it, if that goes we'll have less money spent on rivers etc AND it'll make it easier for the arseholes idiots to attack our sport.

if anything the tories should order the courts to hand out decent fines for evasion.

Alan
Datafile3.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It'd take a bigger saving than 22 to buy my vote lol

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Would anyone like to go back to the days when every different water authority in the country had seperate licences ??
When you travelled to a different county for a holiday .....new rod licence ! It used to be one rod licence,....one rod, trout licence and a seperate coarse licence !!
The "matchmen" of yesteryear, travelling the country, needed Trent Authority, Yorkshire Water, Anglian Water etc. licences !!

The licence as we now know even covers the use of TWO rods !

IMHO well worth the money, (even if it does "creep" up every year).

Just a bit of attempted vote scoring, they would score more votes from 5,000,000 anglers if they helped us fight the "Anti's" !!!!

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Larry

Lazarus
no thanks the one license represents good value iha to get 4 separate licenses the one year for fishing hole i went on.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Lid

There's no point in voting Tory as we already have a Conservative party in power. They are called Labour!!

Lid [:)]

iobrien2002

Paddy
i don't really care. only costs me a fiver and my mum pays 4 it

Datafile3.asp

Alcohol alcoholic2.gif :The cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems.[B)]

scouse_lee

evertonian
YES ALL GOOD AND STUFF...know i work and i pay for mine but were the consessions for the unemployed and sutch...

get a load of this
TV licsense...

if your blind you get something like 50% off
if you deaf its tuff $hite...you pay full whack..

there is no comon sense when it comes to these things o.k.
22 for a fishing license may not be a lot but its always one rule for the rich and poor sods who cant afford it CANT...

and we all know were the money goes (admin costs)
do you ever see them at your local park!!!!!
r we safe.. are your kids safe fishing there........
TO MANY NUTTCASES FOR MY LIKING........

thats got that off my chest...

a bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work
Datafile4.asp

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
ive now got mine on direct debit and 22 is little to pay for the sport i love IMHO

Browning Hotrods 007.gif

scouse_lee

evertonian
i agree gingert but there is always someone who wants to start an argument !!!!!!

Datafile4.asp

ANJIEJON

22 quid a year is peanuts when worked out weekly most people tell me they cant afford it while swigging special brew from cans that i end up bining there is no excuse and dave no amount of money would ever get me to vote conservative im with u on that one!!!!

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast

scouse_lee

evertonian
can someone who doesnt work and earns 35 a week and has to feed themselfs and pay bills, stand up ere....

o.k. i work but i have been on tax payers books at one time or another.....

all iam saying is thats its nothing to me (but there are others)

and i dont vote for anyone !!!!!!!!!!!

Datafile4.asp

jonesr

As Larry says it is good value for the money. I lived in London when as a club angler I used to have to find approx 8 Licences to go through a season.Believe me it cost more in total those days!.(The Good Old Days!) I cant see how anyone can argue with paying less than 50p per week when the last time I went to a football match it cost me nearly 30!!!!!!!![:(!][:(!] and it wasn't half the entertainment.90 min of cr*p against about 5 hrs of good competition.

Ron J[:I][:I]Got that off my chest!P.S. I don't vote either!

Age isn't everything!Experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.