Todays Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Before any of the mags have a go at me going into hiding.

Very poor result against an extremely spirited, and lucky Blackpool team. Some of their defending was desperation personified.

32 shots at goal for sunderland and fail to find the back of the net with any, somtimes its a cruel game!!

But the mags got beat too[:D]

Looks like a poor Christmas and New Year for the North East clubs[:(]

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Dont think Sunderland were ever gonna score today even if they were still playing now. It was one of those days where it just wouldnt go in. I watched the game and Blackpool were defending desperately, they managed to take away Sunderland unbeaten home record. Hats off to em there....

keith74

THFC
just got home from spurs. what a horrible nasty little thug barton is. the bloke is a disgrace. niggly little kicks, trying to get players booked all the time. between him and the ref they totally ruined the game. Kaboul was an idiot for the red card but just snapped after newcastle had basically kicked us off the park for an hour[:(!][:(!]. The only good thing about newcastle today were their fans[:T]

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sod all this! Proper football. The mighty Hornets absolutely stuffed Cardiff off the park and were unlucky to only score 4. Happy Days [:D]

slim jim

slimfast
Must of been a different game i heard about today,Mr courtney said sunderland were awful and blackpool deserved to win,not only that you's have been battered twice of newly promoted sides,we've been beat in the last two games of teams in the top 4[xx(],me thinks bent has been found out,no goals and no form,the futures bright-the futures orange[:D][:D][:D]
Originally posted by brasem

Before any of the mags have a go at me going into hiding.

Very poor result against an extremely spirited, and lucky Blackpool team. Some of their defending was desperation personified.

32 shots at goal for sunderland and fail to find the back of the net with any, somtimes its a cruel game!!

But the mags got beat too[:D]

Looks like a poor Christmas and New Year for the North East clubs[:(]

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
Who's Mr Courtney????

Anyway, he doesn't matter, I was there and saw a reasonable Sunderland performance, some awful misses, some really desperate defending, lots of luck. Campbell took his 2 goals well, the second was incosequential as Sunderland had the majority of there players in Blackpools half.

Slim, by the way, our corresponding fixtures against the 2 teams you have just played yielded 4 points[;)]

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by keith74
newcastle had basically kicked us off the park for an hour[:(!][:(!].
They're a team sadly devoid of talent so try and shorten the odds by getting opposition players sent off.

They only plan they've got is to lump long balls up towards Carroll in the vain hope that somebody will get on the end of one of his knock-downs.

Most of the time it doesn't work which is why they're far, far closer to the bottom three than the top six.

Looks like a poor Christmas and New Year for the North East clubs

Boro won[:D]
3-1 at Preston
Didn't lose on Boxing Day either [;)]

Simon

Dannysdad

Guv
Anyone got a spare, decent, striker to lend us please? Also, can we have a centre half and a few midfielders that want to play football for the club.

Thanks

slim jim

slimfast
Dont tell me you dont know who graheme courtney is,he's the northeast footie correspondent and has been for years,sunderland were found wanting against a newly promoted team who hav'nt played for ages and you's were at home,agent bruce is back.P.S corresponding fixtures mean bugger all,no points same as us[:D][:D],we have a game in hand to at least try and recover some ground after a dismal festive period,your game has gone[xx(]
Originally posted by brasem

Who's Mr Courtney????

Anyway, he doesn't matter, I was there and saw a reasonable Sunderland performance, some awful misses, some really desperate defending, lots of luck. Campbell took his 2 goals well, the second was incosequential as Sunderland had the majority of there players in Blackpools half.

Slim, by the way, our corresponding fixtures against the 2 teams you have just played yielded 4 points[;)]

slim jim

slimfast
Simon you've been on the funny fags mate[:D],you should try lumping some balls forward and you's might have been promoted with us so if we devoid of talent were does that leave boro,i would say reasonably closer to going down again than going up,in other words far,far closer to the bottom three than the top six.The thing is with Boro they should of found it easier than newcastle last season because of the practice they've had going up then getting relagated a few times,just cant understand it,probably the best chairman you could want and terrible attendences watching a dire team and you say necastle have no talent,i think your a closet geordie simon waiting to join the toon army[:D][:D],just yanking your chain mate[}:)][}:)]
Originally posted by Simon R

newcastle had basically kicked us off the park for an hour[:(!][:(!].
They're a team sadly devoid of talent so try and shorten the odds by getting opposition players sent off.

They only plan they've got is to lump long balls up towards Carroll in the vain hope that somebody will get on the end of one of his knock-downs.

Most of the time it doesn't work which is why they're far, far closer to the bottom three than the top six.

Looks like a poor Christmas and New Year for the North East clubs

Boro won[:D]
3-1 at Preston
Didn't lose on Boxing Day either [;)]

Simon

62tucker

Site Supporter
Att: 35,927
TOTTENHAMNEWCASTLE
Possession
Tottenham 50% Newcastle 50%
Attempts on target
Tottenham 8 Newcastle 8
Attempts off target
Tottenham 5 Newcastle 4
Corners
Tottenham 9 Newcastle 7
Fouls
Tottenham 9 Newcastle 16

62tucker

Site Supporter

just got home from spurs. what a horrible nasty little thug barton is. the bloke is a disgrace. niggly little kicks, trying to get players booked all the time. between him and the ref they totally ruined the game. Kaboul was an idiot for the red card but just snapped after newcastle had basically kicked us off the park for an hour[:(!][:(!]. The only good thing about newcastle today were their fans[:T]
TOTTENHAMNEWCASTLEPossession
Tottenham 50% Newcastle 50% Attempts on target
Tottenham 8 Newcastle 8 Attempts off target
Tottenham 5 Newcastle 4 Corners
Tottenham 9 Newcastle 7 Fouls
Tottenham 9 Newcastle 16

would not say 16 fouls was kicking you off the park
and only 35,000 bit poorfor a top 4 team

Last edited:

keith74

THFC
Originally posted by 62tucker

TOTTENHAMNEWCASTLEPossession
Tottenham 50% Newcastle 50% Attempts on target
Tottenham 8 Newcastle 8 Attempts off target
Tottenham 5 Newcastle 4 Corners
Tottenham 9 Newcastle 7 Fouls
Tottenham 9 Newcastle 16

would not say 16 fouls was kicking you off the park
and only 35,000 bit poorfor a top 4 team
35,927 from a capacity of 36,000. hardly shocking is it? still i,d rather have 50,000 a week and play like you played today[;)]

Bill G

Grandad
you can put up all the stats you like boys ,there is only one that counts ,the goals for and against stat.

change of game .
fergie must have gone to specsavers ,he actually saw a foul on one of his players .[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0],and cos it resulted in a goal against stat he moaning like a bitch on heat [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

fergie a message for you.
live with it every other team has to.
[:T][:T][:T]

thetraveller

Originally posted by Bill G

you can put up all the stats you like boys ,there is only one that counts ,the goals for and against stat.

change of game .
fergie must have gone to specsavers ,he actually saw a foul on one of his players .[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0],and cos it resulted in a goal against stat he moaning like a bitch on heat [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

fergie a message for you.
live with it every other team has to.
[:T][:T][:T]

The ref didn't go to Specsavers though. Zigic used his arm to control the ball and Bowyer was offside.

Some referees are so poor it is unbelievavle. Pleased I don't support Brum as they had no intention of moving forward until Berbatov scored. Ho ambition and boring I hope they go down with Sunderland and Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.