Today i bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alnath

The year book for a local angling club, it cost 20 but there is a wide and varid selection of waters to fish on it, so as pay up to 7 quid for a day ticket i bought one, i digress as thats not the point LOL.

My eldest daughter (10) is a keen angler (due to her grandad, i have only just started up again) and is now capable of tackling up and fishing by herself with only the odd spot of help, anyway when i bought the book i noticed that my daughter could have the self same book for only 1, a single quid! Needless to say i bought her one.

Finaly to the point
why oh why cant everyone assosiated with angling be so eager to include the young'uns? its the future of the sport when all said and done. Even after she is 12 it is only 5 a year up to the age of 18. Most places just want as much money as possible now and forget the future. Because the book was only a pound it gave me some incentive to buy one as i can take her at the drop of a hat for no cost for the next 12 months, if i had to pay for myself plus a day ticket for her the cost might rule it out.

norm

alnath
spot on mate
i take my 7 year old son with me
he sits with me all day
i show him what i am doing
i let him have a go
if i hook a fish i let him bring it in
i use a pole at aprox 11 mtrs he is only 7 but can now handle a fish of upto 2lb on his own
i do not pay for a ticket for him as he is usualy sitting on my knee
but he is the future of angling and should not be charged for fishing with his dad (UNLESS HE IS ON A PEG OF HIS OWN) then i do agree with charging because he would be taking the place of a paying angler

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alnath,
Excellent,good on that club they deserve a bit of praise for taking such a refreshing attitude towards juniors.
Please let us know the name of the club as they deserve a bit of publicity.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

martin.

Account Locked
hi alnath
i think you will find the majority of clubs offer good concessions
for juniors & even consessions for disabled & senior citizens
our club is
under 12s free 12 to 16 inc 3-00 sen cit/dis 6-00
adults 12-00 these prices are for season june to march
i actualy run junior matches every friday evening during the summer
which is open to all juniors wether they are members or not we get kids M & F as young as 5yrs to very good anglers there are always adults on hand to give advice & help to all.
i have found it is the commercial mud holes that offer least consessions

tight lines.
martin.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I have been searching fornew waters with concessions and am amazed that for 10 , per annum, plus a joining fee of 10,
I can get into P.A.D., which is Practical Angling for the Disabled at Barrow -on Trent.
If anyone is interested, E-Mail me, but hurry as I am taking ticket 24 out of 25.

Good work with the kids Martin,

Alnath, nice topic, but I think this is the first time I have ever seen information hidden on this forum!
There might be people near you with kids in the same position!
Whats the big secret, or do you not want to share your fishing

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Alnath

Secret? Share? I am not with holding any information, i was just joining in the board humour that apparently surrounds you and your ability to cause havok and place a curse where ever you may roam :-

Feel free to curse my local'ish waters http://www.wakefieldac.org

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOL thats better! Congratulations on your policy Wakefield!

Still I probably already caused havoc there on my way through to fish Castle Howard!!!

In this area, some clubs do (ie Earl of Harrington, Pride of Derby) and some clubs don't (ie Derby Railway) offer concessions.

Keep up the info chaps.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.