Today at Tunnel Barn

NJ1875

Site Supporter
Our club match today was on High Pool at Tunnel Barn. This was the first of our winter pools series and is natural bait only so no pellets or meat. It was a tough outing and the drop in temp over night probably didn’t help. I had drawn peg 19 which I wasn’t expecting a lot from and all eyes were on the noted peg 15.
I actually didn’t start that badly quickly catching small skimmers and roach but couldn’t seem to find the F1’s. I had a very good angler on Peg 18 and whilst I was hitting the small stuff he hit a half decent F1 after half hour which wiped mine out. All through the match most seemed to be catching small stuff and there seemed to be few F1’s showing. Most of my fish were coming down the track. A couple in the margins and going long was tough as the wind was making it tough on the pole. I managed to pick up 3 mirrors moving around and I had been feeding the far bank at 14.5 metres throughout. I decided albeit to late to go on the 14.5 line and it was instant but the fish were to small despite one a Chuck. Having had a few fish all were too small and I finished up with 20lb for 5th the winner on peg 27 having 39lb secon was 29 off 18 and 3rd was 25 off 12. So tough aground. But that how it goes sometimes - I’ll be back ther for the open next Sunday and am looking forward to it

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Our club match today was on High Pool at Tunnel Barn. This was the first of our winter pools series and is natural bait only so no pellets or meat. It was a tough outing and the drop in temp over night probably didn’t help. I had drawn peg 19 which I wasn’t expecting a lot from and all eyes were on the noted peg 15.
I actually didn’t start that badly quickly catching small skimmers and roach but couldn’t seem to find the F1’s. I had a very good angler on Peg 18 and whilst I was hitting the small stuff he hit a half decent F1 after half hour which wiped mine out. All through the match most seemed to be catching small stuff and there seemed to be few F1’s showing. Most of my fish were coming down the track. A couple in the margins and going long was tough as the wind was making it tough on the pole. I managed to pick up 3 mirrors moving around and I had been feeding the far bank at 14.5 metres throughout. I decided albeit to late to go on the 14.5 line and it was instant but the fish were to small despite one a Chuck. Having had a few fish all were too small and I finished up with 20lb for 5th the winner on peg 27 having 39lb secon was 29 off 18 and 3rd was 25 off 12. So tough aground. But that how it goes sometimes - I’ll be back ther for the open next Sunday and am looking forward to it
It’s fished hard there today Matt Bingham won the open off canal 11 with 54lb, new fished poor by the looks of it ....I drew 27 on high a couple of weeks ago , it’s holding fish there 👍

NJ1875

Site Supporter
It’s fished hard there today Matt Bingham won the open off canal 11 with 54lb, new fished poor by the looks of it ....I drew 27 on high a couple of weeks ago , it’s holding fish there 👍
Yeah mate - he had the whole corner to himself too so an end peg really and took lost from in there. I did hear that it had been hard all round today but if they don’t want to eat then they don’t want to eat. Hopefully better next week 🤞🏻

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Yeah mate - he had the whole corner to himself too so an end peg really and took lost from in there. I did hear that it had been hard all round today but if they don’t want to eat then they don’t want to eat. Hopefully better next week 🤞🏻
Hopefully I’m there tomorrow 😂

markyboy

Fished peg 40 on High on friday, day before OP's match, had around 50lb, most of the weight being F1's around the 1-2lb mark on maggot 18-20" deep in just under 7' of water, nothing down the margin, nothing on pellet. Maggot on the deck produced small stockies around the 4oz mark, tried over to the island at 13m and same stamp of fish there, tried bread against the island and first put in got smashed up by something but bread then only producedthe small stockies so stayed at top 2 plus 2 for the rest of the day fishing shallow. Did include this pretty mirror in my catch

Attachments

• 20210409_153034[1].jpg
    20210409_153034[1].jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 8