Toads

62tucker

Site Supporter
After getting half decent at homemade Yorkshire puddings my next attempt at something new is
“ Toad in the Hole”
Yorkshire mix made in fridge.
Sausage bought.
Trays out cupboard 🤷‍♂️ As not sure what’s best. Need to buy some pie tin size in think.
Any experts on here. 🤪 can give me advice on making my own toads for tea.
Do I pre cook the sausage ? Was planning on 15 mins in oven 1st.
I am all ears.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Peel and slice an onion. Part fry the sausages in a frying pan along with the onions - the sausages should be browned on the outside and the onions should just soften - don't brown or overcook the onions.

Meanwhile, oven on 200C. Dripping or lard, (plenty of), in a roasting tin in the oven - it will be ready when there is a slight haze coming from the tin.

Remove from oven and space sausages and onions evenly in the tin.

Return the tin to the oven for a few minuted to bring the fat back up to temperature, (it needs to be piping hot), then pour the Yorkshire Pudding batter into the tin covering the onions and sausages then straight back into the oven.

Check after 15 minutes, but it can take up to 20 depending on how loose your batter is, (I like it to be thinner than the consistency of wallpaper paste. It will be ready when the Yorkshire has risen up, (and above depending on the size of your roasting tin), the sides of the tin and is nice and crisp on the edges.

Serve with mushy peas and a nice rich gravy, (beef gravy is fine, but will be better with a good glug of Port and a knob of butter).

genesis

Account Locked
Just brown them quickly to give colour. Put into your red hot fat and pour your batter over them and in the oven. Watch they don't spit when they go in the fat. The better sausages are okay as they don't contain as much water. Then cook your puds as normal.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner....

8fDkMjo.jpg

with accompaniments

VWbjRHP.jpg

All served with an exceedingly good bottle of Chardonnay. (y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Why go through all that faffing about? All you need is the number of your local take-away and a bottle (or 4) of Stella.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Why go through all that faffing about? All you need is the number of your local take-away and a bottle (or 4) of Stella.
That's not faffing, that's love of good food, (and in Belgium, Stella is considered Women's Beer - you should try Duvel or Tripple Karmelite, Castile if you're feeling brave!). You should see my French Sticks, they take three days to make - now that's faffing. ;) Well worth it though, better than anything you can buy over the counter. :ROFLMAO: