Chep

sicknote
Hey guys,

visit filehippo.com

You will find many many free software programs that will help maintain your PC

the best one by far, and I have used it for many years now is CCcleaner

this is a very good program that helps you pc run better

also visit blackviper.com

here it gives you step by step instructions on how to tweak your windows to maximise the speed and lower the processors so that your pc does not get sluggish

regards,

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
ccleaner, malwarebytes, zonealarm, adaware and AVG you can pick them all up at most download sites including majorgeeks which is my personal favourite cos its the only one i've never had a virus/spyware/adware warning from

Last edited by a moderator:

Chep

sicknote
Originally posted by Trogg

ccleaner, malwarebytes, zonealarm, adaware and AVG you can pick them all up at most download sites including majorgeeks which is my personal favourite cos its the only one i've never had a virus/spyware/adware warning from

I've never had problems with filehippo either,
majorgeeks is good, I just prefer hippo as i find it quicker to get what I need when building PC's. I go between them both but it's down to personal preference :)

rooster

Avast anti-virus the very best free a/v I've ever used..Irfanview a very simple prog for viewing your pictures includes a host of tools to alter the pics if required, resize/batch resize etc, this one has always been my top free download...Belarc Adviser shows everything you've got on your pc progs, hardware, registration keys, software, everything in fact...Ccleaner is good I'll admit but don't be too hasty deleting stuff it is possible to do harm...Malwarebytes also very good.

AnglerPaul

I've started using CCleaner Pro, my only complaint is, it's probably too good, and cleans everything including all my passwords, making me need to remember them. Not really spent much time trying to change that rule etc. But no complaints really.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I use CCpro as well mate, just change the settings to leave your passwords in place :)

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I use "REVO Uninstaller to uninstall programs.
Gets rid of a load of carp that uninstalling leaves behind

oldie59

Originally posted by Sportsman

I use "REVO Uninstaller� to uninstall programs.
Gets rid of a load of carp that uninstalling leaves behind
Brilliant typing error, didn't know you could keep carp on your hardrive [:D]