tips on using feeder rod plz people

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete2k7

hi i alway use pole but just got feeder ros and reel tryed it 2 day with cage feeder and 6 inch hook length is this right how do people set them up any tips plz let me no people how do you do yours

big stoo

hello
hi, to give the best answer could you let us know the venue you are fishing? river or lake? generally though i use a paternoster rig, where the feeder is attached to a short length of line then to the main line above a hook lenght, generally i use an 18 inch hooklengh, but go longer on fast flowing rivers like the trent, and shorter on a still water where match carp are the target

big stoo

hello
then my suggestion is to keep things simple, a free running rig, feeder on a quick change swivel on your main line, probably 8lb through to a swivel to join your hooklengh, probably 6lb, a foot long with a 16 or 14 hook for corn and meat hook baits, i most like to use a feeder blocked at one end, 3 quarter fill with maggots, then a couple of grains of corn, then plug with a dry groundbait, had some real good results with that

Status
Not open for further replies.