Tip for twisting hook length

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Usefull tip is when your hook length becomes twisted or curls up after a bit of use try car tyre inner tube or bycycle or the patches in repair kits and get a small square hold your hook with one hand and with other hand rap patch and rub up and down your line briskly do this until twist goes works for me and saves changing hook length

Datafile2.gif

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Polepot

Poles
Sounds a good idea - but arn't you warming the line up and won't that reduce it's breaking strain?

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Nver had a prob with it mate just don't be to rough lol

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Del-J

' Victor '
Thinking that prevention is better than the cure, I always attach a swivel between main line and hook-length. I find that this usually eliminates any twist in the hook-length.

Del

Not fishing? Then talk to your mates on M/Ds.

hull tyke

another way to avoid twist is to join mainline to hooklink
with a 4turn waterknot[:D]

MALC

For Feeder / Float work i always include a swivel to cut out the twist, also wind in slower as this will cut the risk of twist down when using double baits.

But if a twist or kink does occure suggest you change it straight away as it will be a weak point and you can guarantee it'll snap off at that point when you latch into the best fish.

For the sake of 2 mins to change the hooklength it aint worth the risk.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER SOLUTION DEPENDING ON WHAT TYPE OF BAIT U R USING IF U R USING MAGGOTS US 2 AT A TIME PUT 1 MAGGOT UP AND 1 MAGGOT DOWN THIS ALSO STOPS LINE TWITS AND CURLS[8D]

><))))o)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got to agree with Malc on this one.[;)]
Once it's twisted, Change it,Is it really worth the risk of loosing a fish just for the sake of a hooklength????????? I Think Not.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.