Tintagel sea fishing

Tomgrim

I'm off to tintagel next week, hoping to do a bit of sea fishing with some lures. Has anyone been around that area and know anywhere worth a try?

Thanks

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Don't know that bit of Cornwallicus but anywhere off the rocks into more than three feet of water should see a Bass or two. Deep water should see Pollock and Wrasse.

squimp

Site Supporter
As above.

ive caught bass from the rocks a bit further West (Trevose head). There are also bass caught from the beach around Rock nr Padstow.

Padstow angling centre would be worth a call. It may be run by the legendary Ed Scliffke - he used to run a tiny shop at Treyarnon (Trevose). He IS the local expert.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Same as Phil I haven’t fished that exact area but around that general area bass, mackerel, wrasse and pollock should all be doable from most structure orientated marks. I find worm immitiations, silver spoon type lures like dexter wedges, small paddle tails, little perks, flashy plugs etc all pretty good. That said don’t discount bait fishing with the likes of rag or mackerel strips either under a float or on the bottom rarely which fail for pollock and wrasse and bring other species into play as well.