Time 'tackling up' takes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyeater

Frustrates me to bits, in fact it almost can make me think, 'I can't be bothered'. [:(!]

Maybe it's because I have to get two rods and reels ready etc as my 11 yr old is still learning.

Any tips to quicken things up? [:I]

Apache

leave them tackled up but broken down in a holdall

-------------------------
Tight Lines
Matt headbang.gif

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com
DataFile.asp

Bricktop

Snap
You could always get the wee nipper a whip. Set some rigs up on some winders and it takes no time atall to set up then.

Good your taking him though![;)]

I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then

Larry

Lazarus
I had the same trouble it used to yonk's before i was fishing i was getting really p-----d with the time it used to take me to set up my rod's .
But i solved it by getting myself 2 - 2 piece rod's some polystyrene rod joint holders .
I now make my rod's up at home before i go ,ive just made a waggler rod& feeder rod up for sunday.
I bought the quiver holdall &rod sleeves but you don't have to go to that extreme & expense.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Happyeater

Good thinking, Apache.....are the bags big enough to do it and go into a car?

Have to look into it. [8D]

Thanks.

MALC

It makes me laugh how long it takes me to set up for a match.[:)][:)]

If it's only the pole i'm setting up it normaly takes me about an hour but if i have to set up a feeder and waggler then the longest it's taken me is nearly 2 hours.[:)]

As i say thats just me on my own when i used to be teaching Gemma (my daughter) the first main task was to teach her how to set up.

She started at the age of 9 and by the time she was 10 she used to tie all her own rigs up and could be set up and ready in around 20 mins.

The best way to sort out the time it takes to set up is NOT to take your gear and just to sit and help/guide your young un and you'll be amazed at how much pleasure you will get just sitting behind guideing.

I done this for about 6 months and it was great to see her win matches against both seniors and other juniors.

Sadley now she's 14 and given fishing up in favour of teenage things eg Gareth Gates.[:(][:(] (sorry Dave had to mention him)[;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Steve

It's amazing how much quicker it is if you tackle your rod up at home and break it down to bag it. I have done it a few times when taking my son, he is 15 and very proficient but I cut his time by at least 50%. Having said that it is only really effective for pleasure angling.

In a match, the set up time can be well used soaking up the ambiance and deciding on your tactics for the day.

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Hi Happyeater, for the past nine months now i've been teaching my girlfriend (shortly to be "the missus") the gentle art. In the begining it took ages for me to actually start fishing, after setting her up. Then I started to talk to her as I was setting things up and she copied what I was doing, it is a routine when you think about it. I just talk her through it now, while I get on setting mine up. I don't know about anyone else but I tend to start with the landing net , first thing up and the last thing to come down. set my box level, get out everything I need then up goes rod rests in position, next out of holdall the rods, and you already have rod rest to put 'em on while you are getting sorted. After each fishing trip I've gone through with her just what we have done that day and I've always tried to teach her something new each trip. To us a simple thing like a plummet comes easy, we do it without much thinking, tying hooks on comes natural, but to a beginner everything needs to be explained. The point I am trying to make ( I think ) is that beginners need a logical and slow step by step guide and talking through in every aspect untill it starts to come naturally to them. After nine months going with me my missus can set herself up, get the depth, shotting patterns, bait up, groundbait, hook fish and unhook 'em even with a disgorger. The only aspect we have'nt covered yet is the stick float. Talk 'em thro' it and set yours up as you do and it will cut your time by 50%. BY THE WAY SHE HAS ALREADY HAD 14 DIFFERENT SPECIES

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

MrC

It takes me ages to tackle up for a match. As soon as i draw , I run to the peg to start setting up, no time to chat.!! you can buy match holdalls that you can put ready tackled up rods in, but best advise is to know exactly where things are and set an order of things to tackle up first/last, you will be suprised how much quicker you can be.

Beebs

I set mine up the night before and stick it in my rod quiver. Drives my missus up the wall, lounge carpet covered in fishing tackle, rods, reels. But when I get to the bank, its just a case of fitting them together and plumbing up.

Datafile3.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.