Time machine advice

Sportsman

Site Supporter
So if you could go back in time, what piece or pieces of advice would you give your 20 year old self?
To start off
Find a job you like doing. You will be doing it a long time.
Don't tie yourself down too young.
Marry for the conversation, not the looks.
What's yours?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
All them you Mention im well happy with (y)

The only thing id do different is Buy Property earlier in life than i did but hey i wouldnt change the amount of fun ive had.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd tell myself the winning numbers for the biggest euro millions roll over that hadn't been won........but in all honestly there is one point in my life and i think i would say ....."do it, pull the trigger"

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Basically I would just do the same, I have no real ambition or hankering after wealth. I do worry though about my kids and grandkids, I hope
they have happy safe lives, about it really the same as most people.

One regret is chasing after carp in my younger years, I thought the lovely Kent streams would be there forever:(

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Follow my heart instead of my head. I'd have had more fun. But, at 52 and recently retired I can't say I've made too many bad decisions.

Gwillim

Don't think I would change anything really...
Have 4 cracking lads who we are extremely proud of, a gorgeous wife, have been successful enough to now be retired and have a legacy to leave.
Sure its not all been plain sailing, have cancer and my health could be better but we have many many great memories, we still laugh together daily and are still able to enjoy what life has to offer :)

The Runner

Site Supporter
I wouldnt treat a certain young lady so cavalierely
Think we had a similar thread to this a while back and I said "same" then as well.
Having said that, she got in touch out of the blue a few months back after a one in a million "small world" scenario here last year and we met up last week for the first time in 35 years for a long catch-up chat and we've both had more than good lives so...
Would still tell myself not to be such an a**ehole though....

And wouldn't have swapped my Match Aerial for an Abu beachcaster like I did

feldri

Site Supporter
I'd go back to 1974 and 1985 and not turn up at both my weddings. Would save me a lot of grief. :)

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Give your earlier self the plans to build the time machine, then said self could go forward and tell you not to bother. o_O

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Paid more into my pension (bought microsoft shares, cheers Dave) learned the guitar/drums as a kid....