Tidal Trent day ticket

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Thinking of heading out there this Saturday if the weather not too bad, Barbel novice though :confused: Is it easy enough to get a peg on a Saturday as long as i stay away from Cromwell Weir? I know that's the main circus up there :unsure:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thinking of heading out there this Saturday if the weather not too bad, Barbel novice though :confused: Is it easy enough to get a peg on a Saturday as long as i stay away from Cromwell Weir? I know that's the main circus up there :unsure:
No day tickets here at Besthorpe now. 😩😩

rd115

Site Supporter
Does that apply to peg 1a all the way to 300 or just around the 300 at Besthorpe?

Arch

Site Supporter
Go a little downstream and you should be fine. There's more than one car park, and on some pegs, you can park behind your swim. Bailiffs come round, £5 for the day, £10 for 24 hrs.

have a look on Collinghams website, there's a map.

Arch

Site Supporter
If you want 1a there's a massive waiting list and you have to book the whole first 10 pegs now I believe.

Arch

Site Supporter
The carpark for peg 1A. Those bivvies are downstream of the weir by quite a long way.

IMG_2609.JPG

.......And this is A1 pits.

IMG_2608.JPG

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Does that apply to peg 1a all the way to 300 or just around the 300 at Besthorpe?
Sorry mate. Just seen your post. The start of our stretch starts where the drain enters that’s 18 pegs up to the left as you get to the river. Then there are two parish pegs, then 18 iron and steel pegs then our stretch starts again at peg 19 until 73. When I say pegs that’s not entirely accurate as most pegs have now got washed away in various floods. The last I heard was that the two parish pegs were still on a day ticket. I only heard that last week so, don’t quote me on that. If anyone does fish the parish pegs then the downstream of the two is the better peg but, be prepared to lose some gear.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Isn't Torksey day ticket now? I know it's tidal. I haven't fished that stretch in years.

AnthonyJ

Day tickets are available at the Ferry Boat Inn AC stretch at Church Laneham a few miles downstream from Dunham Bridge. It’s £5 for the day and the pegs in the field opposite the pub are very comfy with parking right behind.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Strewth @Arch that looks like a refugee camp for people with a straight line camping fixation :eek:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Isn't Torksey day ticket now? I know it's tidal. I haven't fished that stretch in years.
Hi Peter.

The trouble is Parking mate. If you walk down the Arm to the Trent then yes it is. The trouble is the little car park now belongs to the park homes I believe and they’ve put a barrier on the entrance. If I can find a place to park this week I’ll stop and take some pics for you. 👍

Arch

Site Supporter
Strewth @Arch that looks like a refugee camp for people with a straight line camping fixation :eek:
To the right of that picture, just out of shot, is what can only be described as a party going on. Four bivvies all grouped together, a couple of families sat around a BBQ with kids playing football. The intoxicating aroma of weed wafting downstream. The only thing giving away the fact they were Barbel fishing, were a couple of rods on a pod, some distance away. Not sure how quickly they'd have gotten to their rods if they'd had a bite.

I know I'm aiming for the same stretch, or similar, but I don't what anything to do with that.

rd115

Site Supporter
All sounds a bit complicated and circus like for me, might stick to scratching for upper singles on the upper Trent and Derwent.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Seen you were going yesterday, but if it helps for future, another vote for collingham here. 200s are ok with a chuck to the far side. There are other pegs too upstream of there, where various features have been done, taking a walk on the day and looking for worn banks is an option too.

Arch

Site Supporter
All sounds a bit complicated and circus like for me, might stick to scratching for upper singles on the upper Trent and Derwent.

There is plenty of sections where there is no one. Unfortunately, all the hot spot are rammed.

When my equipment finally arrives, A1 pits will be first port of call. It's quite nice down there. Areas are busy, but there were plenty of space available, and you can park behind all the pegs.