TIDAL TRENT - BARBEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmurphy

In a weeks time when hopefully the latest flood water will be subsiding, i am wanting to try for some quality barbel on my local stretch of tidal trent. I am familier with the conventional feeder rod approach with hemp upon hemp and caster, but i am looking to be a bit more adventurous as i have heard of double figure fish coming out. Is there a way to effectivly fish with a carp rod etc or is it a case of beefing up on my conventional 12-14 ft feeder rod. Could anyone out there give me any valuble advice on the topic as a whole, baits,lines,rigs ......, and especially the feeding of a swim.

Cheers Bob.

jel

Hi Bob and welcome to the site.

It's good to hear from another barbel fan like myself, I have just finished reading Steve Stayner's latest book "Barbel mysteries, theories and tactical solutions", which I would like to highly recommend to you, its a limited addition so you will probably have to be quick, it cost 14.99 plus p&p from tackle box website, or direct from Steve www.stricktlybarbel.co.uk. It will give you loads of tips on baits, lines, rigs etc., It took me about a week to read and will answer every question you can think on the barbel subject. I hope this helps Bob.

Cheers, Jel

j white

angler-mark

Hi Bob, if you go to Archie Braddock's site he explains a rig called The Big Meat rig, I use it on the Trent and it works very well. the site is http://www.braddocksbaits.co.uk it worth a look and if you go to his diary pages you will see a few he has caught using it. icon_smile.gif

Tight Lines

Mark

Edited by - angler-mark on 03 August 2002 5:58:47 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.