Thursday afternoon on the Dane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan heaphurst

Fame at last, I was recognized on the bank as Ivan Heaphurst yesterday, wandering on the banks of the river Dane, Fame at last. Max Clifford here I come.
As my title says I fished the Dane from 1-30pm yesterday, it was a quick change of venue as my lad cried of the trip we planned to make to the canal at Billinge.
Picked up half a pint of casters on the way out,to fish the float and pin in a wandering about session. There were a few anglers fishing when I arrived, so I set out for the furthest swim that I targeted on a reccy walk with the hound some weeks before. An inviting peg, fast run opening out into a deep pool. Alas for me the breeze/wind was in my face making presentation on the float difficult. When the wind dropped the float went through, I got a bite, not that the wind dropped very often. The result was a tiny Roach and Chubblet.
Next peg upriver was a corner a bit more sheltered produced a nice Dace but nowt else. I ended up in a woody corner and pulled another Dace. Not much to show for a fair deal of effort , but hey that's fishing.
It was here where my claim to fame happened and after a chat with my fan, I decided to repair back to the car for a bite to eat and return with the tip rod and fish a couple of hours into the tree at Dane corner.
Isn't it strange how quite insipid sausage rolls taste wonderful out in the country. Anyway back into the corner with a little bomb and small bits of meat on 12's hook, 8lb line straight through. First chuck a little tap on the tip that didn't develop. Second throw, the is pulled from the rest, nice Barbel of 4/5lb. That's a fair start, I was thinking to myself when another tap and shudder results in a small snig, I don't like snigs but luckily it is hooked in the lip, so I don't make a three act play of unhooking it. Snakes, snigs, they give me the heebee jeebee's.
I was only going to get an hour and a half in this peg before dark so the two Chub that came in that time were more than welcome. Good fish pushing 4lb, maybe.
All caught on meat, feeding the remains of the casters and meat.
I have taken some pictures to go with this report but the site I use to upload them is down for maintence, sorry .

biggs

always like your reports ivan, on the where you fished today i always have a look at your posts before any others....

getting recognition on the bank, autographs next will it be?[:T]

Ivan heaphurst

The pictures as promised to go with my post above.
1z2kef4.jpg

The second chuck Barbel, ripped the rod from the rest.

32zn87b.jpg

One of the two Charlie Chub caught today.

Proper fishing today, I'm not kncking commercials as my future in fishing will rely on them(Dicky Knees) but they do not give me the satisfaction that catching these fish today from the Dane did.

Muckin_Fuppet

Account Locked
Great report and cracking photo's. Takes me back 20+ years to when I fished the Dane often at Swettenham on the PA card.

As for becoming famous, you weren't fishing Robbies a month or so ago and lost your top kit by any chance? If it wasn't you it was another handsome chap with your filmstar looks.

Ivan heaphurst

Originally posted by Muckin_Fuppet

Great report and cracking photo's. Takes me back 20+ years to when I fished the Dane often at Swettenham on the PA card.

As for becoming famous, you weren't fishing Robbies a month or so ago and lost your top kit by any chance? If it wasn't you it was another handsome chap with your filmstar looks.

There are plenty of us good looking fishermen about, it must have been one of them, for it was not me, sorry.
Nearly lost the brolly in the Specimen some time ago.

davyr

Yay! Somebody else still uses their free IYCF rig and hook wallet! This is IMO the best free gift ever included with an angling publication (in that it's actually useful).

[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.