Thread Hi-jacking

Donny Pete

Site Supporter
IMO the banter on here is great and can be very funny and imaginative.
The constant regurgitated and repetitive same subject "banter" between the same members however is a total thread killer.
Which most of the time to those outside the "joke" soon becomes tedious.
Is that why you had a brief flirt under the username Retro Spective Keith?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Getting a bit worried about you Pete you seem to be stalking me across the forum.
Your last four posts replying to posts I have made have no relevance to the thread.

Sort yourself out and post something worthwhile.
How about something fishing related?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,
i feel that a “serious answers only” prefix would be great, I’m not sure how many people would use it but maybe that would be a reflection of how many drowners don’t actually mind the banter.
Then again, I’m sure it would be be very popular with the regulars for a little while because… banter. You just can’t win on here can you 🤷🏻
I've just had a little play - something along these lines? ......

1631654299564.png

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Used to use another Forum years ago. Someone thought it a good idea to have a thread called Topics that don't require their own thread. Seemed a great idea at first. It really helped stop other threads from going off subject. Unfortunately within a couple of weeks, it was more or less the only thread that most people used.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Ouch!!! You told me to say it! OK so apparently there is no big beating stick and what just happened was a "happy accident". My fault. Off to A and E again, I'm on first name terms there now (y)
Will you be going to the staff party ,? You seem to be there a lot recently .

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I have put my enormous brain power to the problem and come up with the perfect answer that will suit everyone.

Just have one great big thread, sorted.

I should get paid for this.